How do you deal with it?

What you need to do is go online with a vague complaint and solicit advice from randos.

3 Likes

Youā€™ve created like 8 topics about this. Maybe you should try therapy.

3 Likes

Prayer and realising life is fluid. Itā€™s filled with wonderful and not so wonderful changes.

But itā€™s a blast if you engage it.

Does anyone know any websites for real therapists in Taiwan? Even Iā€™ve considered it at times, but it seems very stigmatized here.

1 Like

Strong coffee.

But shrooms are probably more up your alley.

1 Like

Did you check out this place?
https://www.communitycenter.org.tw/counselingandassessments/

I used it back in the day. It helped.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Another day another dollar

1 Like

Aw, hell. Iā€™ll say it.

I went through a period where I was lost in my life and suffering symptoms of depression, and I looked to others for solutions. Everything they told me fell into one of two categories:

1. Useless.
  2. Worse than useless.

So I blew them all off and worked on figuring it out for myself. Just doing that made me feel better. Then I started having success figuring things out.

The key to being motivated is knowing youā€™re on the right track. The key to being on the right track is something we each have to figure out for ourselves. Itā€™s an individual thing.

7 Likes

Do you find it difficult to make friends?

That might work.

The problem with it is, you run the risk of ending up in category 3, worse than worse than useless. Thereā€™s no telling how useless that is. You could find yourself serving some evil being from a distant galaxy, thinking all the while that the evil being is unwittingly serving you, but not really knowing how to tell the difference because youā€™re not as smart as you think you are (even if youā€™re smarter than the average human ā€“ which isnā€™t saying much).

Iā€™m not making this up, Mr. Name. It actually happened to one of our members, or so he occasionally tells us. :cactus:

That oneā€™s like a tango ā€“ it takes two. :heart:

Maybe less internet? Less news?

Sometimes Iā€™ll get depressed because Iā€™m trying to interact with people too much via text messages. Itā€™s an easy trap to fall into. If youā€™ve got someone to call, I would call them. Often hearing a friendly voice is all it takes.

The news also. Occasionally Iā€™ll fall into this Reddit hole where Iā€™m debating news items with people Iā€™ll never meet. A little bit of that can be fun, but too much gets lonely.

When Iā€™m too down on myself I try to find someone I can help. That usually works.

4 Likes

Sometimes one doesnā€™t have anyone to call. So what to do then?

2 Likes

What are the alternatives?

1 Like

An emotional pyramid scheme.

May God preserve us all from people who think theyā€™re helping.

Thereā€™s a pretty small selection of primarily English-speaking therapists in Taiwan, making your odds of finding the right match for your needs poor.

Feel like remote therapy would be cool, although I dunno about payment logistics. Maybe somebody is already doing it.

4 Likes

I bet youā€™re a lot of fun at parties.

1 Like

I totally forgot about the new online therapy options. Good one Hanna.

1 Like

Talk to strangers on a forum. Can probably be more open tbh.