How do you deal with it?

Been there done that :wink: Depends on the forum because it can get nasty real quick.

2 Likes

The kind of parties I go to, yeah.

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t know what to do. I get down all the time. But I guess you just keep moving and believe it will get better. ā€œThrough every dark night, there is a brighter dayā€ 2pac

https://youtu.be/md15-bpJpdY

1 Like

Or they just drag you deeper into the hole.

Pretty sure Iā€™ve said it before in the other iterations of your help me threads, but stop looking at 4chan and incel/blackpill shit if you want any hope of ever seeming or being normal. Nobody on there actually understands or empathizes with you. Theyā€™re just making you weirder and creepier, because misery loves company.

4 Likes

Now Iā€™m thinking of that poisoning scene in Dumb and Dumber.

Oh, you bet! :grinning:

The Americans actually did it first, for once:

Seriously. The forums ideally would be great for people to share their life obstacles but more often than not many take it for an opportunity to groom, manipulate, abuse or mock their pain. So, on one hand it exposes how human we all are and on the other it just shows how far we have to go.

2 Likes

This thread illustrates all the reasons I have almost no empathy at all.

Isnā€™t this the same as posting on forumosa?

2 Likes

Of course not. Posting here is free! :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Iā€™ve always felt that counsellors were like management consultants. They elicit from you the changes you know you need to make, and then gently nudge you towards making those changes.

Thatā€™s not to suggest they donā€™t serve a useful purpose, they do, but it is a bit like stating the blindingly obvious. Everyone feels a bit better if they start eating healthily and working out, as an example. The tricky bit is doing it.

4 Likes

I think heā€™s back to Australia, or he should go back if he hasnā€™t.

1 Like

And you get what you pay for :slight_smile:

If you know you have almost no empathy at all why did you participate in the first place?

Iā€™m not trying to imply that weā€™re curing cancer or even the best resource for someone dealing with this issue, but if youā€™re going to get THAT judgmental maybe head back to the political threads?

A lot of people need a third party to tell them before they actually take it to heart. Speaking from experience as, like many of you, I used to be a teenager onceā€¦ maybe your friends and family have been telling you something for a while, but until a therapist/teacher/mentor brings it up, you always brush it off.

In terms of ā€˜dealing with itā€™, I try to keep my life full. Not like Iā€™m always trying to distract myself, but the worst thing IMO is to be sitting alone with nothing to do but wallow in my own thoughts and self-pity. Cooking, music, video games, friends, exercise, etc.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s kind of like asking why the sky is gray. :2cents:

All right, this is the last thing Iā€™m ever gonna say to you, because youā€™ve tried to skeeve on me and I am disgusted in general by your incel shit.

You came to Taiwan and tried the ā€œAsian gf who canā€™t pick up on how fucked up your really areā€ route. You even tried to go real young with it. None of that worked out for you, thank god. So now your only choice is the hard one of working on yourself and figuring out how to unlearn all that fucked up shit you picked up from the gutters of the internet.

Reach out to your parents for help if theyā€™re willing to give it to you. Get some therapy, get a job, get some real hobbies. My best practical can-be-done-right-now advice is to sign up to volunteer for different causes in your community. Helping others who really need it will give you some perspective. You can also make connections that might lead to employment. Volunteering is actually how I got my last job. If nothing else, you learn skills, meet people, and make valuable additions to your resume.

But if youā€™re still an alcoholic you need to just go to rehab first before you attempt to take on any real responsibilities. Period.

8 Likes

6 Likes

not military?

3 Likes

Not a bad idea, either. But no matter what his next step is, he has to deal with the alcoholism first. He wonā€™t be able to do anything still addled by an addiction.