How does one find a university teaching position in Taiwan?

If you don’t need unwanted attention, then why are you here?

1 Like

Poaching. Had one individual in mind, but that ship has sailed after the individual said something counter to my business philosophy. Maybe in another year…

I do know some of the people at the top of the Herbalife pyramid in Taiwan. Does that count?

Huh!? Your business philosophy includes shilling a secret franchise opportunity to one special candidate in an off-topic digression in a thread on an internet forum? Please tell us who your golden boy was! Was it @DrewC or @BiggusDickus ? I’m sure it wasn’t me. What did they say that turned you off?

6 Likes

Well, the apple didn’t fall far from the tree. I’ve heard you speak many times before. You’re just repeating the same stuff that all of them do. Sooner or later you’ll run into someone desperate enough and they’ll take the bate. Until of course they wake up and realize what it’s all about.

2 Likes

It wasn’t me. I’ve run a school before, but I’m happy with my uni gig plus side incomes.

Making 150k a month with your own school isn’t a challenge when things are going well, but it’s bloody hard work.

2 Likes

:female_detective:: “What was the cause of the victim’s death, sir?”

:female_detective: : “Isn’t it obvious? Victim was murdered by words.”

1 Like

His or her name might or might not have been @SunWuKong
:grin:

is it this guy?

Not him.

Well, I don’t have the money and I’m done with teaching kids I didn’t make, but if you’re secret student recruiting plan doesn’t go well and you ever want to spend a ton on marketing look me up.

Odd as his website is, he’s a legit IELTS teacher. He has his own line of books. I feel like I’ve met him.

That iLearn guy should franchise. Who wouldn’t like to get in on the ground floor of conspiracy-based English classes.

1 Like

You still fail to understand. :roll_eyes:
You wouldn’t pay anything. I give you the school and the students. You just teach and run it after I get it going. I do all the startups and cover all expenses myself. You walk into $150,000/mo with profit sharing. Got it?

Yeah, I fail to understand. My business philosophy is facts, all of them, up front. My philosophy does not take in people who come off dodgy. If you want people to go into business with you, post an ad up somewhere with a good hook and take them to a website that explains all the facts.

I’ll build a website for you for $150,000, up front.

4 Likes

giphy (1)

giphy1

3 Likes

Wow! This thread has gone off on quite a tangent.

Anyzwayz, here’s another teaching position (ad is in Chinese), in the Department of Foreign Languages at National Taipei University. Ph.D. required

1 Like

this is the Sanxia campus?

Yes, that’s it, Sanxia campus…

National Yilan University is now looking for English teachers for the Department of Foreign Languages and Literature. Master’s degree is needed.

https://tjn.moe.edu.tw/jobshow-detail.php?num=12597

3 Likes

That would be a nice place to work.

3 Likes

Only Masters required too. Not bad at all.

1 Like