How does she make it?

I have a female friend.She had got an unsteady 2 years’ relationship with an English teacher.Unfortunately,he always cheats on her.
Apparently,she doesn’t trust him ,either.
They broke up for several times.
But they still stay together.why?
The rediculous reason I have heard is they have harmony sex relationship.They miss each other for sex. :noway:
She even told us"we should treasure what we have got." :unamused: Er…

I really dont know “woman”. :noway:

Why is it necessary to indicate that your female friend’s gentleman friend is an “English teacher”? Could you not have simply stated that your female friend has a “gentleman friend”.

And why does she need to explain why she remains in any sort of relationship with her “gentleman friend”? Is her choice of lovers not her own business?

This sounds like a very common relationship, regardless of where people are from. They stay together because she puts up with it and he can get away with it. They’ll probably get married soon.

Maybe it’s a case of staying with “the devil you know” rather than the one you don’t. Sounds to me like she would rather put up with a guy like this and have these kinds of conflicts in her relationship than actually get out of it and find something she would rather have. Sex is a lousy reason. The next thing you know she finds herself pregnant hoping the guy will change because of a baby.

Excuse the bitterness. I’m just guessing…

I don’t know “woman” either.

edit: I just read Tigerman’s post… Best to listen to his advice…It’s her business and nobody elses.

Tigerman said:

[quote]Why is it necessary to indicate that your female friend’s gentleman friend is an “English teacher”? Could you not have simply stated that your female friend has a “gentleman friend”.

And why does she need to explain why she remains in any sort of relationship with her “gentleman friend”? Is her choice of lovers not her own business?[/quote]

I agree with Tigerman.

Maybe the OP could complete the picture by saying “foreign English teacher” and forwarding a copy to the Apple Daily. It would give them something xenophobic to write about.

To the OP: I know of many people in "unsteady"relationships/marriages. And, yes, many Taiwanese couples also find themselves in “unsteady” realtionships. It’s not a phenomena restricted to “English teachers”.

They have a harmonius sexual relationship? Good for them! At least that part is “stable”.

I think hopless posted as such knowing that a number of posters on Forumosa.com are ‘english teachers’ and was trying to establish some common ground for the questions posed.
Nothing sinister in the choice of wording.

I think the last line -[quote]I really dont know “woman”.[/quote] is certainly a universally accepted sentiment/admission. Lighten up folks… :homer:

Sounds to me like the OP’s “friend” has a dirty little secret . . she, like many women local or otherwise, likes a shag. Amazing! Still, it should be actively encouraged.

HG

[quote]I think hopless posted as such knowing that a number of posters on Forumosa.com are ‘English teachers’ and was trying to establish some common ground for the questions posed.
Nothing sinister in the choice of wording.[/quote]

He could have achieved common ground simply by virtue of the fact that he is a man confused by a woman. No need to identify the other man’s profession.

He’s probably also an alcoholic white trash drug abuser, too. And cheating on his taxes. Damn foreigners. Coming over here, corrupting our women, taking our jobs…

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Sounds to me like the OP’s “friend” has a dirty little secret . . she, like many women local or otherwise, likes a shag. Amazing! Still, it should be actively encouraged.

HG[/quote]

Ah, perhaps Loretta’s student would have a suggetion or two

I’m still wondering what she’s making?

If he likes to cheat,I would’nt say he is her"gentleman"'s friend. :noway:
And if "English teacher"is his real job.Why hopless can not point it out. :unamused:

Fine. Why not simply refer to him as her “male” friend?

He can, and has pointed it out. I simply do not see the relevance of this fact. Do you?

Fine,do you mind he mentioned “his job”?
And yes,he “has” pointed it out ,so nobody could do anything here.
Right?
and it is somewhat ,you know,off-topic.

Obviously I do.

[quote]And yes, he “has” pointed out, so nobody could do anything here.
Right?[/quote]

Wrong.

We can ask why he felt the need to point out this irrelevant fact, and discuss the same amongst ourselves.

Right?

then how do you know"English teacher"is not a virtual fact?
Right?
And why do you “mind”?Its just discription.

[quote]then how do you know "English teacher"i s not a virtual fact?
Right?[/quote]

Huh? What are you talking about?

I don’t expect that he knows that I personally “MIND” that he indicated this irrelevant fact regarding the woman’s male friend, unless he is still viewing this thread.

Do you have any point to make?

Oh dear. poor old Tiggerman has no idea how famously good English teachers supposedely are in the cot. Of course it’s relevant. English teacher is an abbreviation for seriously moneyed and vastly cocked practitioner of all things sexual. It generally implies some cunning linguistic ability too.

I can see why that lass won’t leave, she’s had a taste of being teacher’s pet and now simply can’t bring herself to ease her apple back off his desk. Tragic really.

HG

Why not ask your friend?

Maybe it’s because, aside from being an unfaithful English teaching dog, he makes her feel good, and she’s taking what she can get??

I don’t think this is a foreigner/Taiwanese thing really, as I can ask why do married Taiwanese women stay with their husband when he has a GF or spends his time with hookers in a KTV…

Bascially the answer is because the person feels changing the situation would make their life less satisfying.

MYOB

I think I could make her happy. Especially if I told her I was a lawyer.

You’re all missing the point. The fact that this cocksman happens to be an English teacher is very relevant to hopless. To him, its the icing on the cake. Not only is this corrupter of fine Taiwanese morals and innocent virginity a dirty foreigner (coming over here, stealing our women, taking our jobs), he’s also a dirty bastard English teacher (coming over here, taking our women, being alcoholic drug abusing white trash, making easy money).
In short, hopless’ point has absolutely zero to do with wondering why his friend likes the pork sword and everything to do with the fact that he hates dirty foreigners (coming over here, raping our women, taking our jobs, being good at shagging).
Hey hopless, you’re not alone. Do a google for Enoch Powell. Look for his “Rivers of Blood” speech. I think you’ll like it.