How Important is Money to Taiwanese Girls?

I eat Sushiro which is better, and most of the time its less than NT$600 for two you will have to eat a lot get over 1,000. Most the dates I go with are normal Taiwanese (thin) so should eat a pile of food.

I movie date is maybe better

or more expensive one

1 Like

No. But he said mid-tier sushi restaurant, to which you replied “You think 1000NT / person is a mid-tier restaurant? This isn’t NYC mate…”

I agree. 1000nt per person is high tier, not mid tier.

In Taipei, low tier is around 100-200 per person. Mid tier is around 500, and anything over 1000 is high.

6 Likes

Just go to the most expensive best spread hotel sushi buffet bar.

Go big or go home.

I mean is this relationship dating or bang bang cowboy town? :cowboy_hat_face: :black_cat:

Either way— it’s just money. the story is the currency here. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

2 Likes

Have you considered the possibility that she thinks a $1,000/person meal is considered above-normal for a first date, and that she lost interest because you were trying too hard?

I recently also spent that amount on a first date, and the woman seemed quite embarrassed that I spent so much on her. She insisted on paying her half several times.

:point_down:t2:You

7 Likes

To be honest with you, I’d just go dutch. We can take it from there. And consider your and her financial ability to afford the places to go. If McDonalds or sushi express is all you can afford, then go for it.

1 Like

I would agree that anything $1,000 and above is high-tier. I think OP is confusing “high-tier” with “fine-dining” which is a whole other category of restaurants.

I’d say this is too much for a first meet…

It wasn’t a first meet. We’ve been friends for almost a year, but it was our first date. (This was THE Tiffany. If you know, you know.)

Even so, she STILL thought it was too much.

If you are so wealthy that you don’t even need to brag about it why do you need to sweat about some girl giving you the cold shoulder?

I doubt the restaurant choice was the deal breaker. What’s stopping her from suggesting somewhere else? And yes 1k for sushi is a bit much, sushiro or kura sushi would have been a better pick.

I don’t think conveyor-belt sushi chains are appropriate for dates, but there are plenty of proper sushi restaurants in Taiwan around the $400-600 price range.

I remember eating at an all you can eat sushi restaurant near Taipei main station, on the 6th floor from the NET. It was ok, around 1000 per person.

Are you talking about broke-ass university students or 20 years ago or something? I can’t imagine that too many adult Taiwanese in 2023 are choosing McDonald’s for dates. I could probably think of worse places, but I’d have to think about it.

Edit: Okay, I’ve thought of one. Hi-Life.

10 Likes

I think he’s thinking of both. He probably WAS a broke-ass college student 20 years ago.

(And so was I, as a matter of fact.)

1 Like

He means broke ass adults, but i doubt they get any 2nd dates.

1 Like

So was I, but it seems we’ve updated our preferences as we’ve grown and become less broke-ass*. I believe he was in the U.S. at that point anyway, so perhaps not too relevant.

(*Even then, I wouldn’t have even dreamt of choosing McDonald’s, but I appreciate they were more of a novelty here back then.)

1 Like

We had some prior banter where I did mention I paid for all my dates. So she knew she didn’t have to pay for it. But that’s good knowledge, sorry if it sounded ignorant, I am from LA where good sushi averages 3000NT per person which is why I said “mid-tier”.

2 Likes

Perhaps, but she did know that I pay for all my dates. So I guess it was just not expensive enough for her tastes. But glad I dodged a bullet there.

For the love of god dont take advice from the luther. He will send you to pizza hut all you can eat.

10 Likes

Since she already knew for sure you would be paying for her, it just proves my theory even more. She was either embarrassed you were going to pay that much for a first date, or she just lost interest because you were trying too hard to impress.

Of course, it’s also possible that you made it sound too much like a big deal that you pay for dates, which made her expect something way more expensive.

3 Likes