How Important is Sex for your Happiness?

How important is it for you to have sex regularly (however you define that) in order for you to be happy?

• I’m a man and it’s extremely important.
  • I’m a man and it’s moderately important.
  • I’m a man and it’s fairly unimportant.
  • I’m a man and I am perfectly happy not having sex.
  • I’m a woman and it’s extremely important.
  • I’m a woman and it’s moderately important.
  • I’m a woman and it’s fairly unimportant.
  • I’m a woman and I am perfectly happy not having sex.

0 voters

Please provide your honest response to this poll.

Absolutely crucial in my book, not just in the sense of scratching an itch as it were, but more a periodic defragging of the soul. It reminds you of your love for another. it’s absence allows you to forget.

HG

For me sex is not as important as drinking.
Mother T, why are talking about sex? You’re a married man now. :smiling_imp:

You know, before I opened this, as soon as I’d seen you’d replied almas, I knew your answer. As for Mother T, I’m suspecting red Fred’s in town, or at least approaching the city limits. It would be a vaguely interesting exercise (for MT at least) to look back through his posts, especially the polls, tracking a 28 day timeline. :laughing:

HG

[quote=“almas john”]For me sex is not as important as drinking.
Mother T, why are talking about sex? You’re a married man now. :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Duh, why do you think it’s on my mind? :homer: Like a vegetarian dreaming of barbecued ribs.

Actually, some people may initially feel your comment about drinking being more important than sex was just meant as a witty quip but, no offense intended, I believe you meant it 100%. And there’s nothing wrong with that at all.

People tend to get all ga ga and giggly over sex and act like it’s the most important thing in the world. Admittedly, it is pleasurable for most of us. But so are lots of other things. We all have our own priorities and I suspect that many or perhaps most of us have other things that rate as a higher priority including alcohol, tobacco, coffee, marijuana, exercise (OK, other exercise), our jobs, our children, etc. Heck, even shoe shopping is probably more important for some people (No, not my wife, but surely someone else’s).

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Absolutely crucial in my book, not just in the sense of scratching an itch as it were, but more a periodic defragging of the soul. It reminds you of your love for another. it’s absence allows you to forget.

HG[/quote]

HG, you’re a poet. See if I can’t go one better:

I really like a good shag,
And it makes me most happy,
When I do it in drag.

You and I need to think about putting a book together.

Dr Phil says that when sex is good, it is of 10% importance to a relationship. But when sex is bad, it is of 90% importance to the relationship.
IE: Good sex can’t really save, but bad sex can kill.
I disagree with the first part. I have put up with a lot of shit before because my partner was a good lover.

Why?

Love and companionship are far more important than sex. Sex is very pleasurable, and heightens the erotic-passionate dimension of a relationship, but the healthiest and happiest relationships are those based in love, compassion and companionship IMO, rather than erotic passion. But perhaps I say that because I’m old enough that my hormones are not raging as much as they used to be.

Question: When does a man stop masturbating? :smiling_imp:

Answer: When he gets divorced. :slight_smile:

Why?[/quote]

Probably because there are so few.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Love and companionship are far more important than sex. [/quote] IMO bah humbug. The older I get the more I realize that to be a full fuctioning and well rounded human being, one needs to have several needs met. 1)emotional 2)physical 3)mental 4)spiritual.

And the longer I"ve gone without sex I can see how it’s thrown off the balance of the other 3. Sex is very important. Not a survival thing, but man it sure can take off the edge and stress life can throw you. :wink:

Why?[/quote]

Probably because there are so few.[/quote]

Yeahp!!

I think that is spot on correct. Sex does reduce tension. We all know what a good massage does for relaxation… well, orgasms have a similar result but in a very dramatic fashion:

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“Dragonbones”]Love and companionship are far more important than sex. [/quote] IMO bah humbug. The older I get the more I realize that to be a full fuctioning and well rounded human being, one needs to have several needs met. 1)emotional 2)physical 3)mental 4)spiritual.

And the longer I"ve gone without sex I can see how it’s thrown off the balance of the other 3. Sex is very important. Not a survival thing, but man it sure can take off the edge and stress life can throw you. :wink:[/quote]
I gotta agree 100% with Nama here.

I hope you score 4 outta 4 today on your B-Day, Girl! :slight_smile:

I like nookie. I like it a lot. I have practiced VERY hard at it, so I’m now pretty good at it. I get well-cranky if I 'aint getting any.

I didn’t say sex wasn’t important. I said love was much MORE important. :rainbow:

It’s not just about having sex per se. I find that being sexually compatable is more important. It rounds off all the other things that makes a relationship good.

And sure, if I don’t get it for a while (like Sandman) I get pretty cranky too…

[quote=“tash”][quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“Dragonbones”]Love and companionship are far more important than sex. [/quote] IMO bah humbug. The older I get the more I realize that to be a full fuctioning and well rounded human being, one needs to have several needs met. 1)emotional 2)physical 3)mental 4)spiritual.

And the longer I"ve gone without sex I can see how it’s thrown off the balance of the other 3. Sex is very important. Not a survival thing, but man it sure can take off the edge and stress life can throw you. :wink:[/quote]
I gotta agree 100% with Nama here.

I hope you score 4 outta 4 today on your B-Day, Girl! :slight_smile:[/quote]

Is it raining men?!?!?! Shit pls tell me where?

I didn’t say sex wasn’t important.[color=darkred] I said love was much MORE important. [/color]:rainbow:[/quote]

Well sex is love, it’s a gift that keeps on giving, if done right.