How many of you think this is whack?

Here here. A common theme through many of these d&r threads is that a westerner ends up compromising to Chinese culture. I very rarely hear about compromise the other way around and the best couples seem to be those with a good MUTUAL understanding.

I remember in a club a while back, I was dancing with a Taiwanese girl who was getting very physical, making a lot of eye contact and generally slutting it up. Then she suddenly breaks off and I realise her boyfriend is standing in the wings, obviously perturbed but seemingly unwilling to cause a scene. I felt bad, her boyfriend felt bad and I really don’t get what she was trying to do. Being a gentleman I bought the guy a drink and made it clear I wasn’t interested in her.

If anything, I think I see this kind of thing less back in the UK because young Western adults tend to be more emotionally aware. Therefore they don’t think it’s a great wheeze to wind up their boyfriend by making him watch them dance dirty with all the foreigners in a club. This kind of weird behaviour from Taiwanese girls often seems to stem from them trying to prove something but not quite knowing what they want to prove, nor how to do it.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]What’s up with this generalization of Western women as sluts grinding into the nearest crotch with Taiwanese women being absolutely sweet and innocent? There is no racial boundaries on this one. If a girl is in a relationship with someone and she’s grinding on another man while out with her own and then looks at him while doing it, then it don’t matter where ever her ancestors came from; she is a flat out skootchy (skanky hootchie) and I’d be dropping her ass like a used tissue.
[/quote]

[quote=“llary”]Here here. A common theme through many of these d&r threads is that a westerner ends up compromising to Chinese culture. I very rarely hear about compromise the other way around and the best couples seem to be those with a good MUTUAL understanding.

I remember in a club a while back, I was dancing with a Taiwanese girl who was getting very physical, making a lot of eye contact and generally slutting it up. Then she suddenly breaks off and I realise her boyfriend is standing in the wings, obviously perturbed but seemingly unwilling to cause a scene. I felt bad, her boyfriend felt bad and I really don’t get what she was trying to do. Being a gentleman I bought the guy a drink and made it clear I wasn’t interested in her.

If anything, I think I see this kind of thing less back in the UK because young Western adults tend to be more emotionally aware. Therefore they don’t think it’s a great wheeze to wind up their boyfriend by making him watch them dance dirty with all the foreigners in a club. This kind of weird behaviour from Taiwanese girls often seems to stem from them trying to prove something but not quite knowing what they want to prove, nor how to do it.
[/quote]

I was out with some friends a couple of weeks back in a club (we were a mixed group of guys and girls - not all guys only). We were hanging around the bar area and suddenly, this Taiwanese woman (she didn’t look that young, probably late 20’s or early 30’s) came up to my friend and started doing the bump n grind routine with him. It lasted all of 2 minutes, before her BF came, grabbed her, twirled her around and started dancing with her. My friend, obviously thought this was kinda odd but he took it all in his stride and turned back towards us. The BEST part was, whilst still dancing with her face towards her BF, she was rubbing her ASS against my friend’s back! :help:

Yeah, they start dancing with you and then start stripping you. Happened with one girl whose boyfriend I knew. He owned another bar just down the street. He probably heard about it. Then I’d be sitting with him and her and a group of people at his bar the next week. One night, I asked her right in front of him if she wanted to go do the nasty and she said, “5000 NT”.

The stripping thing happened to me quite a bit. Right down to my boxers. Who knows some nights? Could’ve been the works in a black out state of mind.

Taiwanese girls can actually be quite uninhibited. Especially if they’re going to bars.

Tofuren, is this how you met her, by getting her number while she was grinding all over you at TU? Just like “winning” the heart of someone who is cheating, the very behavior that brought you together, when of such nature, could be the very same behavior that drives you apart.

Cheaters rarely stop cheating, players rarely stop playing, and skootchies rarely deskootchify themselves.

Like they say - you can the girl out of the bar, but you can’t take the bar out of the girl. Most of the foreign guys I see in Taiwan meet their girlfriends when they’re being drunk and sleazy in bars. And then a guy like Tofuren gets shocked when she cheats on him.

No-this is not how we met.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]Tofuren, is this how you met her, by getting her number while she was grinding all over you at TU? Just like “winning” the heart of someone who is cheating, the very behavior that brought you together, when of such nature, could be the very same behavior that drives you apart.

Cheaters rarely stop cheating, players rarely stop playing, and skootchies rarely deskootchify themselves.[/quote]