How much Chinese can you read?

How to grow it, watering schedules, street value that sort of bizzo.

3 Likes

There you go!

2 Likes

Well, it’s not wrong…

1 Like

Neat writing there @RickRoll

1 Like

giphy%20(4)

I’m in a similar situation, though. I can recognize (not really “read”) characters that I happen to see on a daily basis, but my spoken Chinese is far, far better than the written/reading one.
Restaurant menus are especially painful, because while I can understand in a general way what a dish is, I find it impossible to read all the characters that define the seasoning. Sometimes it’s just a leap of faith that ends in a tragic way.
“Hey this dish has chicken meat let’s try it, it can’t be too b” aaand it’s the fucking cold pieces of chicken with splintered bones served all by themselves with no flavor whatsoever.

4 Likes

The 辣 is actually pretty good, although it looks a little how a Japanese person would write it.

1 Like

Oh I was sincere. You should see my chicken scrawl… google cloud shuts down for a minute trying to process it

2 Likes

Yeah, my handwriting is atrocious…in any language. Left handed is my excuse.

1 Like

:bowing:

FIFY

1 Like

For how it looks, it might as well be hoofwriting.

1 Like

I want to ask the Japanese why tempura is represented with 天 and some hiragana when it’s a Portuguese word for seasoning.

1 Like

That was one of the main reasons I decided to learn

Well that clears it.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

1 Like

I voted intermediate, even though I can easily read what was written under advanced. I know there are things that screw me up. As a random example, the poetry posted in the mrt trains. For some of the poems, I can only read about 70-80% of the characters and the meaning of the poems is therefore often lost on me.

1 Like
1 Like

Tempura? Wild guess :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Keep in mind that what was written under advanced was done by a intermediate level guy too… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I assumed people who voted would know what level they are, even without the comments under each level. :upside_down_face:

1 Like