How often do you guys shower per day here?

Couldn’t tell ya

Water is a scarce resource so shower wisely!

Bath water is probably bad for the seas and oceans.

Since coronavirus, I shower every time I get back from teaching… so like 2-3 times a day. More of a rinse than a full shower.

During normal times, once a day.

I only shower before making love, so 5 or 6 times a day. More at weekends.

6 Likes

Like once every five years?

3 Likes

So you shower in the morning? I guess most people in Taiwan (and Japan and Hawaii) shower at night? Me sometimes at night and sometimes before work in morning if I have time.

I shower in the morning after I work out only if I’m sweaty by the time I finish getting breakfast done and currently immediately after I come home in the evening because I’m a teacher and no one in the school practices common sense hygiene.

When it’s hot and sticky out, I at least rinse off my arms and legs before getting in bed because otherwise that’s the most uncomfortable sleeping situation.

I have noticed a lot of male coworkers neither shower nor wash their clothes more than twice a week. I was making a point of going for walks during my prep times cuz I was trying to avoid potential of getting covid in the close spaces, but now that it’s hot out, I make a point of going for a walk anytime certain guys are in the office cuz even my N95 mask doesn’t keep their stench away

Tiger balm. Tiger balm is your friend. I used to use it when I was teaching students with the garlic breath. Morgue workers swear by it. Smear it on the nostrils.

2 Likes

I hope that you used the immense time you saved not writing “because” to do something productive, like taking a shower and really getting down with the kids.

Do you know anyone who uses “because” even in spoken dialogue anymore outside of an English classroom? Do you understand that this is an online forum and I can say what I wanna and write how I wanna?

The grade eight textbooks for English have “as…as…” for comparisons right now. The audio recording pronounces it “uhhz uhhz”, but the reality is that if you listen to a native speaker use “as…” for comparison, you usually hear “iz”. It’s called evolution of language. Language has and always will be constantly evolving and there is no way to escape it. Or do you still say “god be with you” when you part ways with someone?

That sort of behavior will get you arrested… :no_no:

1 Like

You’re assuming anyone wants to be with him in the first place :no_no:

2 Likes

So we should all devolve into being illiterate morons? Hey, let’s just throw out the alphabet altogether, while we’re at it, and speak and write in monosyllables and grunt at each other, uttering “lol” at the end of each sentence.
After all, language is evolving.

Yeah, I have a coworker who smells a mile in the wind. It’s a real scanky smell. Nice guy, but Christ! The smell is enough to make me hurl. It’s a combo of smelly clothes and not bathing. Once in a while I smell it on the MRT as well. It’s usually guys who live in a bubble and no one says a thing.

1 Like

Interesting how no one seems to mention washing themselves after taking a dump. That’s when you need to wash yourself. You do that, you’ll smell a lot better throughout the day.

1 Like

Is this a trick question?

Yes, I shower in the morning. But I have noticed that the norm in the Far East seems to be to shower at night. That’s strange for me, because showering helps me to wake up.

1 Like

Once a week when I change my underwear. :popcorn:

1 Like

Than you sweat all night and stink in the morning going to work.

1 Like

At least twice a day for me. Morning is a must as without a shower I have crazy messed up during sleep hair. At night, as soon as I get home to wash off all the pollution, viruses, etc. And a third time in the afternoon if I hit the gym. Probably not good for the skin or hair to wash so often, but I can’t see any other way around it without feeling a bit gross.