How often do you guys shower per day here?

If I shower in the morning before I go to work, then I won’t stink when I go to work.

You have a very good skin.

That’s what I said.

It is funny the language police we get here. In an online forum, of all places.

Police guys, a few points to remember:

1: Not everyone here is an English native speaker. For perspective, if this was a forum in my language and people made minor mistakes I would not take the time to correct them, this is not a written exam waiting to be graded. Instead I would feel proud and amazed people took time to learn my language and still can comprehend and communicate clearly in such.

2: People learning foreign languages many times speak not only one but multiple languages. There is a high probability that the person you are correcting in your language does speak his own and many other languages in equal fluency, meaning they can discuss all topics including mathematics, philosophy, quantum physics or whatever in many foreign languages. It makes you look funny when you are correcting them. Imagine if you had learned Russian and you can talk anything with a Russian guy and then he corrects you because you didn’t use the я in the right place.

Come on, guys. You can do better than this.

I always appreciate police guys existences.

1 Like

So you did. Ignore me.

Of course, both of the posters in question are known career English teachers (and native speakers), so ignorance or unfamiliarity are unlikely excuses.

On the other hand, like when I was much younger, before I came to Monkey Island, I was teaching ESL part time, and this one time at a family dinner I was telling a story and used “ain’t”, because that’s how me and my friends talked. And my snooty-assed Church Lady Grandma starts scolding me, saying I, as an English teacher, should know better. I pointed out that, first off, my dearly departed Grandpa went to France and Italy to guarantee my right as a grown-ass man to speak however the fuck I pleased, and, secondly, that if she wanted to pony up 26 bucks (the going rate at the time), I would be happy to speak perfect fuckin English for one hour.
:idunno:

5 Likes

I’ve never heard of anyone habitually showering more than once a day. Showering is a normally a once-daily activity, unless you’re doing some really grungy or sweaty work.

1 Like

I tried that early on when arriving in Taiwan, didn’t work out well.

Then hate me when thou wilt; if ever, now;
Now, while the world is bent my deeds to cross,
Join with the spite of fortune, make me bow,
And do not drop in for an after-loss:
Ah! do not, when my heart hath ‘scaped this sorrow,
Come in the rearward of a conquered woe;
Give not a windy night a rainy morrow,
To linger out a purposed overthrow

~Bard William Shakespeare. The above, my friends, is true, unadulterated English language. No more of this “cuz” and “ain’t” nonsense. We hath a bastard of the English language made! “You speak an infinite deal of nothing!”

2 Likes

Comma Chameleion, you come and, go oh wo oh.

1 Like

Of course

Drunkenness is his best virtue, for he will be swine drunk, and in his sleep he does little harm, save to his bedclothes about him.

so, that’s how coronavirus has changed your habits?

3 Likes

You don’t want to know what I get up to on public holidays

2 Likes

I shower morning and before bed minimum. But I usually shower 1 more time in the day, I like feeling clean and fresh. It’s kind of weird OP think Taiwanese don’t shower enough, in my experience, I found western girls to not shower more than 1 time a day if at that. I can never get used to that. Especially not showering before bed.

In Hk where humidity can go as high as 99% in summers showering 2/3 times a day is a necessity.

I love my washlet, The toilet seat bidet. Then you don’t need a full shower

1 Like

Taipei is more humid than HK

I have nothing fancy. Just the shower hose. Love it! I just don’t get it how everyone is hysterical about showering yet they don’t wash their asses after taking a dump. No wonder they have to shower all the time. Of course your diet can also affect they way you smell and how regular or irregular you are. Eat a lot of crap and you’ll probably smell like crap as well.

As it turns out, these guys have been playing the long game. Although their BO has thus far prevented them from attracting females and reproducing, the BO will ensure their survival during the pandemic and in the end they will win the reproductive game by default.