How popular is bicycle storage for storing bikes at home?

how popular is bicycle storage for storing bikes at home? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Worth looking at this thread before moving forward

Most people store their bikes at home I would think.

our cyclist friends without elevators that live on upper floors are even willing to carry their bicycles up the stairs because they dont want them stolen (by thieves or the police for illegal “parking” hehe).

2 Likes

If there is car/scooter parking on a B1/B2 level in your building, maybe you ask to rent a space down there.

If your bike isn’t shit looking, you should store it at home. If you got a carbon bike it WILL get stolen.

1 Like

Took me a minute to understand.

Lots of place people keep bike in the stairwell but depends a lot on building and neighbors. Places with elevators some allow bikes on, some don’t.

Or balcony.

My bikes go on the elevator and into the house to help protect against Taiwan humidity corrosion. Some in my building use the stairways for storage.

I tried keeping biking outside like on the balcony or something or parking lot but it just destroyed it turned to rust so quickly any place that was possible for rust.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d suggest avoiding this, if you can. When there’s a fire and people are panicking, it blocks the route quite quickly.

Also the pedals will upset whatever drunk person is trying to drag themselves home when they smack their shins against them. This pain alone can result in bicycle damage

1 Like

it’s also pretty selfish to just block public areas with personal storage. there are loads of complaints about this issue. Hard to argue against when ones bicycle ends up bent and at the bottom of the stair well haha.

I like how we’re definitely more concerned about bike damage here than we are the poor drunk’s bleeding shins. :laughing:

2 Likes

Second this. Besides the inconvenience, there is a fire code violation, just don’t know the exact legislation. At our building most residents kept things like bikes, shoe racks etc in the common areas like stairwell and corridors. We were warned of impounding and fines.

Shins heal, drunks can be replaced…

2 Likes