How stupid some people can be

I posted last week that my mother-in law got killed in a hit-and-run accident.

Last night they caught him. He’s in jail, probably in Banchiao.

The reason why the subject is what it is, is following:

People think that they can get away with some things, like killing someone. But actually they leave so many leads behind they don’t even know.

First they found the car’s mirror, so they knew the build and brand.
Second, in Sanxia we have a lot of security camera’s on the streets, so they had pictures from a few cars that passed near the accident site at that very moment, he (the one who did it) didn’t know he was on candid cam. So now they had his car on picture.

Police told my wife not to worry because they where sure to catch him within a week. They have him. I hope he gets lifetime in jail.

Actually we rand all the time about the police in Taiwan, but hey, now they did a good job. Now it’s waiting for what the judge will decide.

Anyway, some of the worries are over now, we can go to sleep easier.

I’m glad they caught him, belgian. Hopefully this can give you and yours at least “some” closure.

All the best.

This is good news M. I hope it helps your wife and her family, and you, deal with this senseless tragedy a bit better.

And kudos to the Taiwanese police who got this bastard. Why not write a letter to the Taipei Times about how glad you are that sometimes the system does work? :slight_smile:

Peace my friend.

jds

Why not writing a letter? Because I’m not a writer … like some people on the forum … and my english is not sofisticated enough … would be a good idea BTW … I’ll consider it … but no promise … :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m really glad they got him.

[quote=“belgian pie”]Why not writing a letter? Because I’m not a writer … like some people on the forum … and my English is not sofisticated enough … would be a good idea BTW … I’ll consider it … but no promise … :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m really glad they got him.[/quote]

Need any help writing a kinder, gentler letter, give me a PM. :slight_smile:

VERY VERY good! I am so glad they caught him, and me who (recently) said in another thread that the police were basically just for show, I’m glad I was wrong.

And I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.

Great news mate, that has to help emotional settlement. :notworthy:

I feel for your loss, I know what it’s like to lose close family members. :frowning:

Thanks for telling us the good news. One of the greatest things about Taiwan is security cameras on the streets.

There was talk about installing them in Vancouver a couple of years ago but was met with much opposition because it fakkin violates people’s privacy when they’re out in public. I don’t know about now though. Maybe it went through?

That’s great to see that the police actually did there job. Now, hopefully the justice system will do it’s job and put the betel-nut chewing a**wipe behind bars for a long, long, long time.

I’ve tried to profile that person, I’ve never seen him but as littlebuddha wrote, I can imagine a guy chewing binlang, smoking a cigarette while on the phone, blue slippers on the feet, one arm outside the window and probably some booze in the car, sooo drunk at that very moment.

What’s your opinion.

I’m not generalizing … just profiling

If the prick gets off the hook, let me know, and make sure to get his name.

Glad the way things have turned out under the circumstances. Try to keep your chin up.

I posted a few months ago about a friend of mine in Panchio that witnessed a hit and run that killed an old couple. Your story sounds very familiar. The police found the guy after a few days from a mirror and my friend writing down the tag number.

I think that hit and runs are so common that the police must have a good system for tracking them down.

I guess MOT does a good job by keeping records of cars as in most developed countries.

The pictures I’ve seen was one pointing at the right turn on a traffic light and the other just around the corner of that traffic light pointing toward the street, as per direction they drove in.
My (wild) guess is that these two cameras are used for right turn on red violations. But on the other hand in Sanxia we have a lot of security cams in the streets, this since about 2 years.

I always felt like big brother was watching, but now I don’t know anymore.
I’am just not picking my nose anymore in the street, so no one can punish for littering of green balls. :smiling_imp:

Hi M.

I was not aware what happened. My condolences to you and your wife & family
3 weeks ago, there were 3 cases in 1 week in our home country regarding fatal hit and runs. Victims were 16 year old, 5 year old and a female biker, 36 years old. In 2 cases the driver was drunk. T
It took justice again too long to trace them and they will probably get away with a 5-7 year sentence.
Our stupid

[quote=“belgian pie”]I’ve tried to profile that person, I’ve never seen him but as littlebuddha wrote, I can imagine a guy chewing binlang, smoking a cigarette while on the phone, blue slippers on the feet, one arm outside the window and probably some booze in the car, sooo drunk at that very moment.

What’s your opinion.

I’m not generalizing … just profiling[/quote]

Reminds me of several little blue truck drivers. Everytime I see those idiots cutting sideways in reverse through intersections I want to pound them.

Yes, thank heaven for security cameras and the fact that you have now got some peace of mind. I just wish the media and the cops would cooperate more and make this type of thing front page news (the fact that he was caught).

Then maybe numerous other people wouldn’t suffer the same senseless heartache and immeasureable loss.

Drivers like that are the bane of life in Taiwan. The more of them that are taken off the road and put into prison, the better it will be to live here.

I am totally in favour of mob justice in cases like this – pulling the driver out of his vehicle and pounding him to pulp (and if I were around when such a thing happened, I’d hurry over to get in at least a couple of hard kicks).

[quote]Drivers like that are the bane of life in Taiwan. The more of them that are taken off the road and executed with a single bullet in the head, the better it will be to live here.[/quote]I like my version better Omni :wink:

Hsiadogah, so do i.

The unfortunate truth is that the culprit will probably receive a relatively light sentence which he can buy out from. Unless the cameras show the actual incident, then he will claim it as an accident. If no witnesses he will get away with it.

Just wish more locals would stand up and be counted when it comes to this sort of thing, but many turn a blind eye, then shout and scream about the same thing when they are in the reverse situation

Well…the son of a bitch will, at some point in time, make an appearance back on the street.
Nothing to stop someone with a memory from tapping him on the shoulder and introducing him to a mouthful of baseball bat and skull cracking. Theoretically speaking, of course.

But I am Scottish/Hillbilly…we invented the fued.