How the heck do I turn off automatic updates? Windows 10

How dumb are we to now PAY THEM for beta testing? I hate being treated like other peoples guinea pigs. What a bunch of assholes!

Even if thats not it, how on earth can such a big established company put out such complete shit!!?

Write you own operating system - no one is stopping you :slight_smile:

But this thing about customers testing a product is neither new nor unique to software.

Fair point. Although i prefer to voice my opinion, with millions of others, and as soon as enough interest is accumulated the monopoly has more competition. Thats how google started. It is also on need of a swift kick up the ass, while we’re at it!

So, no, i wont stop complaining about a shit product we are paying out the ass for. Alrhough this thread was asking for help to prevent this company from invading its customers privacy and rights mostly… At the same time, i am ready to compliment good products. I often compliment firefox as an example if it makes you feel better :slight_smile:

If no one voices their concerns about a products shittiness, than a company isnt very likely to rethink the issue…are they? I dont agree with complacency. But i do agree with your point on innovation. My time is spent in the biologigical realms there, but i will happily support people in the tech industry doing the same, or better, type innovations with their products! Absolutely!

Sure. But I don’t think microsoft marketing or their wannabe competitors are reading forumosa for inputs. Numerous people have written about problems with windows updates on more relevant support channels like CNET, Twitter. Unfortunately, given the monopoly nature of Microsoft in the PC sphere, they really don’t care.

I agree, they dont care. Thats the big downside with a monopoly. but when enough people cared thats when we had people develop ubuntu, firefox etc…worth being vocal in my opinion, always and on all topics.