How to ask a girl out in Taiwan

That’s a pretty serious crime y’know? :no_no:

1 Like

Perhaps posters here could suggest a few handy pick-up lines–a sort of bilingual phrasebook for special purposes, as it were.

Say if i got her line id, what should i talk about with taiwan girl?

I answered it, too :rofl:

It’s a valid answer. All my best relationships were/are the ones where I did the approaching.

How about this for a truly useful answer: OP, utilize the search bar.

your Hello Kitty collection

Not even if you really like them?

It’s too bad you’d let your ego get in the way of a potentially successful relationship.

1 Like

isn’t it the same in real life?

1 Like

Dating is just a numbers game in the end. The reality is people are attracted to and could potentially get along with lots of people in the world, so it’s a bit silly to think that the love of your life could never have eyes for another.

1 Like

As it’s now the 21st century with gender equality, would you consider waiting for available and interested women to invite you on a date?

Personally, I wouldn’t marry somebody I met on Tinder.

I’ve never used Tinder (met my wife before it was really popular), and I understand the perception of it, but how is it different than meeting a woman at most other places? Yes, many men and women on Tinder are trying to meet and hook up with lots of people. The same can’t be said for people who go to parties or bars? Of course some of the people on Tinder would not be husband or wife material, but that’s true for people in any social setting.

1 Like

:point_up_2:, that is quote from Newb @helpinghand, not moi’

2 Likes

I’d just like to take the opportunity to refer everyone back to my (unfairly) flagged post in which I advised OP to just leave us the the hell alone. :whistle:

or, if you have to, give the middle finger

Pretend you’re married and hang out with gay friends who dress better than you and you’ll have girls trying to ask you out. I wish that I had known this decades ago.

2 Likes

No, that’s just the Forumosa signal.

3 Likes

let me give you a step by step plan how to impress a taiwanese girl as a foreigner.

• learn some basic chinese. not too much though, enough that you can repeat a basic phrase. they will pretend to be massively impressed.

• eat stinky tofu and like it. again, this will impress and earn you a lot of points. you will be viewed at as almost an honorary taiwanese if you can pull this off.

• pay for the meal or drinks or whatever (basically everything) on your date. being stingy is a massive turn off here. most girls would like it if the man paid for everything, every day, as if you were her actual father and she was a helpless child. of course you can pull the old switcheroo later but on the first few dates you should try to make a good impression.

• kiss ass and say you love taiwan. even the shitty things like scooters. i’ve made mistakes before and told girls i think the scooters suck and they got pissed off about it.

• don’t be too direct. this will result in you being thought of as a dirty pervert foreigner. i would even not bother telling a girl you like her until you are going steady.

4 Likes

fify

2 Likes

Oh, I want to play the fix it game!

Perfect.

4 Likes