How to listen to spotify web version?

After reading on about android phone users are basicallically SOL on this. I tried it on my PC.

It does at least load, but it stops after some seconds. It keeps counting but no sound or video. I dont need video, just want to listen. Reading many complaints online their service says thank you, we will look into it. then, crickets…perhaps some of you fine techy folk know a way to.listen on spotify?

How does one use this service on a web browser? I cannot/will not download their app.

So far i have had zero luck after trying on and off for over a year. Really am starting to wonder what the draw is for this platform that doesnt work almost always.

Be advised that Spotify’s app is an Electron app, which is effectively a modified Chrome instance running a website. The site below likely has the same functionality, so beware of its use of you have some privacy concerns.

Alternatively, you can look into something like spotifyd and spotify-qt, which are open source implementations. I use this on systems for which there is no official app - it’s not bad but really quite tricky to set up.

1 Like

So I never expected so many problems with Spotify after offering to pay for it. Can’t find my address, can’t share my duo account, skips songs after 2 seconds repeatedly. hard to use and finding my address settings was a bugger. What is wrong with Spotify?

Nothing is wrong with it.

2 Likes

Are you using the Spotify application? On what operating system/platform? How old is the hardware?

I removed all my cookies. Tried logging in again. That worked. Shouldn’t have to do that. Seriously, it’s not as robust as YTMusic.

Still can’t find a way to change the language settings in the accounts page. It changes in the webpage but when I view my account info, it’s all in Chinese! Google, M$, Apple, Dropbox… they can all manage this trick. It’s not like it is genius level skills to autotranslate the field names. Good grief, even my browser can do this!

Let’s see how this works… Even the app won’t download on my PC - well it downloaded but it’s only giving account links to browser pages (in Chinese). I’m not optimistic that this is going to be a happy relationship. I’ll give the phone app a go now.

Thanks. Windows 10 updated all the way. Hardware is older, though. The web version plays fine with my other account. That’s how I figured it was cookies that were causing the problem. Who knows why?

I’m beginning to suspect the account pages aren’t setup via Spotify but via Hinet since my wife opted to pay via her Hinet a/c. Supposedly more convenient… LOL! Might explain why the account pages are ONLY in Chinese regardless of any other app settings. Also, I can’t see where ‘my address’ is as a setting. This is definitely odd. If you need my address to approve the account… it should damn well show up on the App.

Shouldn’t be the problem as I pay via 台灣大哥大

I have the app on a CHT phone account, a 台灣大哥大 phone account and on my Windows 10 PC that’s 11 years old. Oh, and on a Google Chrome TV device.

It’s a puzzle. We even logged into the main a/c holder and there isn’t an address there either. So quite how Spotify maintains this as an accurate address… I have NO idea. We live in a 21F building … we just had to use the street address (shared with over 200 other people in the building!!!)

Why does Spotify need your address? I don’t remember them asking mine.

My Spotify account definitely doesn’t have my address.

The account webpage is in Chinese I just saw, didn’t dig deeper as my Spotify works fine. You always can translate with Google webpage translation, that’s how you find out stuff you don’t know in Chinese.

Def. do for family accounts etc… something to do with account sharing. Individual accounts probably only on any credit card.

Kinda wonder how Spotify can be a multi-billion dollar company if they can’t figure out this kinda stuff. Most other large tech companies can do it, including Netflix, Microsoft, Apple…

My first experience buying anything from them. Well, we’ll see how it goes. Initially my impressions are that YTmusic does it better but that could be because I got used to the quirks already.

I just checked their finances… not impressed. 221 million paying users and massive losses last yr.

Password sharing was unsolvable for them for ages

Online account verification deadlock issue still a problem, as is the decades-long issue with Windows Sleep-Hibernate

No one develops software for Apple apart from Apple themselves. Try the Apple TV+ or Apple Music app on Playstation or Xbox, pretty coarse compared to the Spotify applications.

Yeah just stick with that, save us your whining :smiley:

This is very definitely a you problem. As in a unique user issue. It happens. But it’s not a Spotify issue, it’s something else.

I’ve set up Spotify on at least 12 different platforms. Never had any issue. Easy to switch languages, address? What address?

1 Like

So getting the app set up on web, PC, ipad, android. Overall, seems quite stable. The only outstanding issue is the account details are all in Chinese. This may be something to do with the account manager account.

There is an option for changing that language, … It’s right down on the bottom of the account webpage. Click on the country and you can change it. Geez! Why? oh, well.

The app says i have a duo account. the account page says i am a free plan! go figure!

So mostly whining over… but the whole experience wasn’t pain free!

they logged me out a couple weeks back. have not been able to login in again since.

I have since given up in spotify. if it takes this many hours to do something as simple as press play on an internet browser, I feel confident it isnt worth supporting. I gave them a few year benefit of the doubt. tried on multiple platforms, multiple apps. if it’s like this, hello youtube.

Find the UI/UX , payments of Spotify to be really smooth and have no problems with the service

it is probably so obvious i shouldn’t mention it… but just in case…

I had trouble too with it… so I cleared all the spotify cookies and crap in my cache. it pretty much resolved the login issues i was having. but it didn’t resolve the ui issue i was having.

1 Like