How to post pictures in the text area

Apologies if this has already been discussed… I did do a search but found nothing remotely relevant to my inquiry.

So, how does one go about posting pictures (photos or graphics) in the text area?

I’d like to be cool like so many of you and do so also :wink: .

likewise, i remember a thread on finding avatars on the web, but am unable to locate thread or free avatars whose websites I can link to. the ones I have found don’t have that feature. I recall someone putting up a link here. thanks (spending the lottery money on all kinds of krazy kolours)

Just use the image (Img) tag. 3 ways of doing it:

1. Click the Img button, paste in the URL of the image you want to display, then click the Img button again.
  2. Paste the image URL in first, highlight it, then click the Img button.
  3. Type in the code yourself.

Please bear in mind the following points:

1. Too big an image will make the page too wide and may take a long time to load, so please use small images. In fact posting any image slows down the page as well as adding to someone’s bandwidth load, so posting images is something that should be done in moderation.
  2. Some web sites, e.g. GeoCities and Tripod prevent you from using up their bandwidth by loading images from their sites.
  3. You can link the image to something just as you can with text.

e.g. This code:

[url=http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=1475083&cart=149101141&style=music][img]http://cover09.cduniverse.com/msiart/0000801/0000801103_170.jpg[/img][/url] [i][url=http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=1475083&cart=149101141&style=music]This image is too big for an avatar, but OK in the text.[/url][/i]
produces this result:

This image is too big for an avatar, but OK in the text.

:frowning: The code box also makes the page too wide :frowning:

Actually, Tigerman, your avatar image is far too wide. It makes the left-hand column wider than it should be. Can you find a narrower one?

Right click on the image you’d like to paste; then go to properties (at the bottom) to find the exact URL for that image; the address should end with, like the example above, a graphic’s extention (.bmp; .jpg; etc). Then paste the URL into your post, and use, as Juba has explained, any of the three methods to code for your image.

Your code must look like the example.

[quote=“Juba”]Just use the image (Img) tag. 3 ways of doing it:

1. Click the Img button, paste in the URL of the image you want to display, then click the Img button again.
  2. Paste the image URL in first, highlight it, then click the Img button.
  3. Type in the code yourself.[/quote]

Thanks Juba… I think I understand…

Actually, I had a smaller avatar, but it was hosted by geocities… so a mod helped me to host it on that mod’s own site… but before that mod did that, unbeknownst to me, I had already found and posted my current avatar. I specifically inquired as to whether my current avatar is too big and was told that it isn’t.

If I get other complaints, however, I will look for a new avatar.

But I really like my current tiger. Don’t you?

There we go cowboy.

There’s noting wrong with your avatar. Alleycat’s is bigger than yours. Juba is probably using a smaller monitor or running it at a lower resolution. I have a 17" monitor running at 1024x768 and everything is rendered properly.

This is a test!

Damn! That didn’t work.

[quote=“tigerman”]

This is a test![/quote]

You left a space between the “f” and “[/img]” and between the “/” and “dead3”.

It didn’t work because there is a blank space between the image tags. Try again without a any spaces.

(Posted at the same time as Blueface.)

The normal layout on Forumosa displays just fine on a smaller monitor. Over-wide images can upset the normal display, therefore there is something wrong with them. The same is true of Alleycat’s avatar. The left-hand column on this page is as wide as it is because it has to accommodate Alleycat’s avatar.

Note the currently unenforced rules on the profiles page:

The width is the most problematic issue. I confess that my current image is officially too big (too many bytes) and too tall, but it is not too wide.

Of course it is. :wink:

Tigerman, you don’t like the one I posted. I’m gutted.

And remember to put in the http:// before the www.

Same here.

Thanks to Juba, Alleycat, Blueface and Boss Hogg!

:x Where’s the damn picture??!!

OK, I’ll try a different one. :?

The problem is you’re simply cutting and pasting without checking the code. When I checked your attempt above, the code look’s like this:

posterville.com/%20music/deadplay.jpg

You shouldn’t have the “%20” in there.