How to post pictures in the text area

Blueface, thats not too shabby. How did you do it? Is it just a simple resizing using Irfanview, or did you tweak it in some other way?

And as for your awful slur Alleycat, AS IF!! :wink: The big one was nine pounds and the other was five.

A nice day out on the watter!

Nothing too special. I increased the resolution from 72 to 100 DPI, resized the image, cropped it and then saved it. I donā€™t know if changing the resolution was really necessary but it looks better to me with than without.

[quote]Nothing too special. I increased the resolution from 72 to 100 DPI, resized the image, cropped it and then saved it. I donā€™t know if changing the resolution was really necessary but it looks better to me with than without.
[/quote]

Sorry to be such a dweeb. OK, I just managed to find out how to crop, but how do you change the resolution using Irfanview?

[quote=ā€œsandmanā€]
Sorry to be such a dweeb. OK, I just managed to find out how to crop, but how do you change the resolution using Irfanview?[/quote]

When you open the Resize/Resample dialogue, the DPI control is below the Width and Height controls. 72 DPI is pretty standard for webwork but sometimes higher resolutions with a smaller overall size appear ā€œsharperā€.

Aha! Now I get it. Your screenshot is different from mine, so I guess I must have an older version that doesnā€™t support DPI alterations. Iā€™ll need to download the newer version. Thanks for your help.

What I want to know is how BF is managing to post these screens out of software applications or out of windows. That looks like a trick that only software manual writers have mastered heretofore. Is that an Irfanview trick?

IrfanView does screenshots. Click on the ā€œOptionsā€ menu and then click on ā€œCaptureā€. A dialogue with options will then be displayed. And ā€œYesā€, Iā€™ve done manuals beforeā€¦including one for Nikon.

Goddamn! Blueface, youā€™re giving a tutorial here!

Iā€™ve spuced up the last page of the Beer Alert thread, but am still having problems with the one decent pic of Konig Ludwig Weissbier. I found a suitable pic on Googleā€¦ but I just canā€™t seem to get the damn thing to post right. Iā€™ll try again later tonight.