How to remain friends with trump supporters

I can’t…I all my friends that voted for trump and unfortunately I lived in Texas and a lot of people voted for him. I just don’t understand… I look at them and think you realized you voted for the same guy the KKK voted for, you voted for the same guy neo nazi’s voted for. You voted for a guy that spewed hatred, racism, sexism, ignorance, boasted about sexually assaulting women, and brags about being rich. What makes America so great? I thought it was because it was because the US despite all it’s fault is fighting to be a multicultural democracy. It’s literally unheard of in our history where tribalism is always what happens. Please, someone answer what made America so great before.

1 Like

Just don’t talk about this in the public environment.
In Taiwan there are some unspoken rules, one of them is not talking about politics with friends or co-workers.
Of course it’s easy to make friend if you are in the same position, before you know the position of new friend or co-workers, don’t talk anything about the politics.

Just consider yourself lucky if they still want to be friends with you when they find out you supported a sleazebag like Hillary Clinton. :slight_smile: The answer is simple…just don’t talk about politics (unless all parties possess the maturity to have a friendly debate) and things will be fine.

Burying the hatchet is a fine American tradition that goes back to the Native Americans…oops, I mean American Indians (it’s better to use the term they prefer themselves, not the one forced on them by leftists).

1 Like

When dealing with Trump supporters, you might sympathize with many of them. People are, for a variety of reasons, rightly pissed off. What is not cool is kicking down and blaming minorities for all of society’s problems!

Please stop displaying your ignorance. Thank you.

Guy

1 Like

Likewise, I’m sure.:slight_smile:
http://www.nativetimes.com/index.php/life/commentary/11389-native-american-vs-american-indian-political-correctness-dishonors-traditional-chiefs-of-old

Please stop projecting your own ignorance onto other people. You’re welcome.

1 Like

Never said I supported Clinton.

Excellent! You may have more in common with your Trump supporting friends than you realize. I can feel the healing beginning already.

1 Like

The other option was a person who considers a former Grand Dragon of the KKK to be her mentor.
Also, how does the support of the KKK have anything to do with Trump? If tomorrow it turned out that a pedophyle considered you a good person, would that have any influence on your person?

Same point as before.

Trump said that all wars started/joined by the US in recent years were a mistake.
He didn’t say anything about races (“illegal immigrants” is not a race)
The whole “grab them by the pussy” was a desperate attempt by the media to use a 10+ year old video to put him under a bad light. Following Democrats logic, private e-mails are private and should not be considered even if they prove corruption, bribery and weapon trafficking, but a private conversation with a friend boosting about sexual performances? OH THAT MATTERS. A LOT.
Every rich person brags about it because it means being succesfull.

What made America great was a strong nationalistic pride and a desire to see their own country to rise at the top, both economically and politically, while following democratic ideals.
During the last decade or so, the idea of being proud about your own country has been associated with racism, homophobia, xenophobia and all sorts of politically correct bullshit.

Welcome to Identity Politics 101, where if you vote for our party it means that you’re a better person, and you should consider all other people to be the worst scum of the earth based on what we tell you.

4 Likes

That’s an insult to all rich people (except the ones who actually do).

1 Like

Are you being richist?

(to be fair, being rich doesn’t necessarily being succesfull, but you’ll rarely hear rich people saying:“Oh I didn’t deserve these gazzillions dollars, I didn’t do anything to earn all of this, please don’t judge me too harshly”)

If you get a “not available in your location” error, try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my4jwAWPZ9w

1 Like

Well, there’s a certain class of liberal tycoon that does feel guilty about being so successful. You know, the kind that leaves all their money to charity instead of their own children. And Warren Buffet is always complaining about how his secretary pays more in taxes than he does. But then, you don’t see him volunteering to give more to the IRS either.

1 Like

What a terrible analogy, if a pedophile considers me a good person it does not influence who I am as a person. But if I was running for political office and a group of pedophiles that supports the molestation of children says what i’m saying and my political ideology aligns with their agenda…that’s a different story.

Analogies aren’t even necessary really. Trump is against illegal immigration, and so are the neo-Nazis, white nationalists, etc…so they vote for him instead of the Democrats, who seem to support illegal immigration. Does the fact that Trump and the neo-Nazis are both against illegal immigration say anything bad about Trump? Of course not. Unless you believe that illegal immigration is a good thing.

I was talking about attitudes towards women (or men), not about whether or not one should be ashamed of success. Of course, there are different definitions of wealth, and there are different definitions of success. Maybe all the rich people you know brag about that sort of thing because they think it makes them “successful”. Who am I to doubt your sincerity? It’s just that my mileage varies.

Anyway, I’m done with all this election nonsense. It’s over! :happyrunningaround: You Americans have some homework for the next four years, at least: find some common ground (like in the video, silly though it is) and learn how to love each other. :heart:

3 Likes

Following your analogy, voting for Hillary Clinton means that you support the trafficking of weapons to countries who supply terrists, you agree about killing foreign leaders if your country happens to disagree with their ideology (you remember Hillary smiling and saying:“We came, we saw, he died” referring to the homicide of Gheddafi, don’t you?), that you don’t mind foreign governments funneling money into a private foundation hoping to get political favors, that you don;t mind a candidate who sees a KKK leader as a mentor, that it’s absolutely fine to destabilize countries who are allied with Russia if that means hitting Russia from an economical point of view (Syria), and this list could go on for a very long time.

Hey man, you’re being like way too negative. We need to let the healing begin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kp1NPcmnjk

Did I not say I didn’t support Clinton…

Would you have a problem to remain friends with someone who voted for Hillary Clinton?

If this is only a problem for those who voted for Donald Trump, I think you might need to explain why Hillary Clinton voters get a pass.

3 Likes

Was about to reply in the same way, I arrived too late. Feelsbadman.

2 Likes