Segue is
[color=blue]groovadelic[/color]
[color=green]Gus[/color]
!
Lotsa
[color=orange]fun[/color]
[color=violet] features[/color]!

I even like the name.

But could someone please come up with a good sentence?
Here’s mine:
“I hope our members [color=red]
segue
[/color]
on over here [color=red]real[/color] soon.”

:smiley:

Is this the new Oriented or just a stepping stone to the new one?

And more importantly, can we ride it around to and from work?

1. Why change Oriented when nothing was wrong with the fomat?
  2. Why put the phonetics for ‘segue’? It’s insulting. You didn’t do it for oriented.
  3. You should give everyone a month to re-establish their user status so that you can get rid of the two-and-a-half thousand ‘registered’ users who don’t use this.
  4. Where are my car keys?
    (…and the posting date and time is wrong)

Sheesh, Christine and I had this interview with the Taipei Times yesterday for the Monday edition and we went thru this whole song-and-dance to keep the name a secret.

Uh, can you guys keep it a secret?

Paogao,

This is the new website – this week is supposed to be a “quiet” period – so the moderators can help me work the kinks out of the board. In short, only about 10 people are supposed to know about this website… so much for that idea :slight_smile:

Wolf,

It’s always a pleasure to see your support :wink:

1. We switched to a new name because we want to eliminate any confusion with ORIENTED.COM

2. Don’t be so fucking sensitive about the phonetics. Cripes. Half the people I presented it to did not know how to pronounce it, nor what it meant. I was asked to add it in, and I agree it makes things a heck of a lot easier. Btw, I’ll be switching it to IPA phonetics – the logo is still a work in progress (what do ya think about the butterfly?)

3. I hear you about the name change – but I’ve chosen to go with a quick switch for a very selfish reason: my schedule is merciless. You might not give a flying fig about that, but that’s just the reality of it. I’ve just gotten back from aborad and I’ll be outta here again before you know it – so the switch had to happen now, and it has to happen pretty quickly.

4. Check the second drawer in the bureau next to the closet… :wink:

(btw, since all of a sudden you are part of the BETA team, please keep posting/sending in bugs)

Btw, Lori, Thanks for the support :slight_smile:
I’m glad you like the name

How simply fab! Miss the old color scheme though … I though the green was kinda relaxing …

I like "Non sequitur’ better, personally, but I’m an ass.

:smiling_imp:

Chris

p.s. Clicking the title graphic should ideally return one to the site’s main index page rather than playing some WAV file, which may or may not play on those browsing using a Mac or Linux platform.

I “hear” you, Mindcrime :slight_smile:

When I found the .wav file, I was too lazy to re-do the header for the entire site just for some kitschy effect. The main logo will be changed back to a link to the front of segue (forums) before the official launch.

Btw, my Mac friends tell me it works on their system

Nice, Gus. Like the new color scheme – links show up much better. Site’s also a good bit faster to load.

Butterfly sucks, big time!

Thanks for all your hard work.

(So THAT’S how you pronounce segue – I always thought it was “seeg.” :wink:

1. I like the new site. Don’t like the butterfly. I also think putting the phonetics next to the logo is a little condescending, but only a little. After all, look at Sandman. :unamused:

BTW, Gus, you looked great in the Taipei Times pic…

Wolf, go edit your user profile and change your time zone to GMT+8. It defaults to London time for some reason. Gus, maybe you can change the default to make it Taipei time?

Whatever, to each his own, I guess. Personally, I thought Christine looked better.

Whoops, forgot to log in on the above post. But OOOOOOOOOO! Unregistered posting!

It’s a dadgum moth, Maoman! Haven’t you seen the sitemap?
And I like it, Gus. It’s pretty.
Now [color=blue]
THIS
[/color] is a butterfly

I’d like to see the topic with the latest post on the forums page, like the old one had.

[quote]Don’t be so fucking sensitive about the phonetics. Cripes. Half the people I presented it to did not know how to pronounce it, nor what it meant. [/quote] – Gus

Who is being overly sensitive?
If half of the people you asked did not know how to pronounce the word segue or know its meaning (which is shocking considering that it is a very simple and often-used word) perhaps that should have sent up the warning flag that it was not the right name for the forum.

I apologize for posting here. I was sent an unsolicited e-mail my a moderator encouraging me to come here and, I assumed, use the system. I won’t make that same mistake again.
Best of luck to you and God bless.
Wolf

Like Wolf I got an usolicited email inviting me here also. Site looks great and I love the colours.

But I still can’t pronounce it even with the symbols. It means rolling world? OK my Chinese and pin yin suck but why such an uncatchy and difficult to pronounce name? It’s hard to recommend something you can’t pronounce. :?

Also I echo the earlier comment about keeping with the old ‘latest posts’ page. Much more convenient than going through individual forums.

OK well apparently I shouldn’t be here anyway but the above comments are all constructively intended. Good luck with the development.

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]
If half of the people you asked did not know how to pronounce the word segue or know its meaning (which is shocking considering that it is a very simple and often-used word) perhaps that should have sent up the warning flag that it was not the right name for the forum.
Wolf[/quote]

Well then, Wolf. Why don’t we try educating the masses with the buzzword of the “new millenium” instead of ranting like a banshee, as usual?

Unsolicited invitations? It does seem like some members are [color=green]seguing[/color] over here to take unsolicited potshots at the content.
But the input is rather useful, I’d say, considering a few of the Mods are
incommunicado right now.

Hey Soddom, what kind of avatar will
you
be using? I’ll send you a link to some rather obscene ones, if you’d like.

ooops I just found the ‘view posts since last visit’ button.

Suppose I should have taken a better look before giving unsolicted feedback! :blush:

Gus,

Does the moth change colour everyday?
Yesterday it was purple. Today it’s blue.
The first day it was green.