How (un)bearable is humidity in Taiwan ?

Most places become humid in summer but Taipei takes it to another level.
Cambodia is weird, really hot but very little humidity, don’t sweat anywhere near as much on 37c.
North - North America I found dry heat also.

1 Like

Yeah Taiwan can be tough. It was 37Cish here in London yesterday and already 29C at 9am today. Plenty of people moaning, but after three and a half years living in Taiwan it’s a walk in the park.

1 Like

Ottawa is looking at 90% humidity by only feels like mid 30s next few days. Can get hotter. And the winters? Same thing on the other side of the zero. Are you familiar with the wind chill factor?

London right now unfortunately doesn’t look too great either, as discusse in this thread: :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

But at least London doesn’t have rainy winters?

1 Like

rain > sun

sorry, but damn near everytime if talking about about Taiwan.

I’d rather be wet from h20 than wet from sweat and heat stroke the F out.

fun times :slight_smile:

but that rain + sun + pollution combo. fuck that…

1 Like

To be fair, pollution in the north (Taipei) is still quite moderate these days.

tell that to the sludge I wipe off my skin :yum: agreed, the spots with heavy rains tend to dump it all into the ground. I haven’t seen rain here in weeks :frowning: I wish, even just some decent clouds.

1 Like

ain’t it great?

@Nuit , have you melted yet to the pavement, or secured your safe passage back home for the summer?

Meanwhile it’s downright freezing here at 8am in Hokkaido, Japan. 13 degrees.

Sounds good! Clear skies, I presume?

Guy

How unbearable is taiwan humidity you say?

One word : UN

Overcast, light rain. If it were sunny it would be ten degrees warmer.

1 Like

Freezing? That’s shirts and T-shirt weather.

1 Like

Dublin has relatively high humidiity but the feeling at 15c and 30c is very different to me.

1 Like

That’s why I am waiting till September before flying to Taiwan, but I’ve been told that September sucks too. Oh well, at least it will only be one month for me.

1 Like

Well, it’s a question of do you want to be soaked with rain and sweating under overcast skies or baked alive and sweating under skies which shift quickly from sunshine to low-lying cloud? I’ll take Taiwan as there are, generally, a few weeks around November time when the breeze makes for a few pleasant evening walks.

Ireland has nice weather too . Let’s not exaggerate. Been little rain for last few months there.