How was your ride today?

I’d tell you, but I’d have to kill you.

1 Like

The joy of roadside repairs …:grin:

5 Likes

Convenient that Taiwan provides the roadside bike stand

1 Like

Could I be obtuse enough to request that you upload more photos of your rides, if you are at all happy to do so?

I enjoy them very much, y’all got a good eye :eye:

5 Likes

Not all of them are that exciting or picture worthy :laughing:, but I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Bikepacking in Penghu

You’ll want to form echelons on the flat stages. Don’t do a Contador and get caught out.

I went on my first ride for ages after being off for months and then recovering from Covid last week. Just a short local loop on a long neglected member of my collection. The one furthest buried. Once I started riding I remembered why it was propped against the back wall…
Loose left crank from previous owner not tightening the crank bolt and rounding off the taper. Plus a grinding bottom bracket. No biggie. I did not go far nor hard. Plus it’s typical 32 degrees and 95 humidity. But I did take some photos.

1994 Lemond Alpe d’Huez About 2-3 cm too small for me, and a bit heavy. Mixed Campy set from the period plus Mavic XP-10 wheels. And San Marco Rolls

7 Likes

Glad to hear it!

Photos don’t appear to be working though, just shows processing and uploading

Is it my phone, or are ur pictures in eternal upload?

Got in a ride up to Maokong before the downpour. Summer heat was on full blast. The climb was a slog. Had to dismount like 5 times. In the winter, I could ride up with just 2 rest breaks. Lots of cyclists. Even saw a mom riding up with a toddler in a child seat. :notworthy:

289114628_1061489178085341_2436690876662313257_n

7 Likes

Someone at the top started singing “Holding out for a Hero” by Bonnie Tyler and she was on her way.

3 Likes

I’m waiting with bated breath here too…

Yeah, upload fail I guess. Too many at once? Too big?

One by one seems to work apart from random orientation. しょうがない

2 Likes

Did the toddler wave to you and they rode by :wink:

1 Like

It works!

Who is the statue dude in the last photo?

Guy

I passed them first. Couldn’t believe my eyes. I thought she must be riding an e-bike but it wasn’t. Several hundred meters up the hill I got winded and had to take a break. As I was drinking my water, she caught up to me and passed me. :flushed: The toddler, a little girl, was just sitting back and enjoying herself.

5 Likes

Taiki, the first person from Okinawa to be sent by the king ( or one of the kings of Ryukyu) to China to establish tributary trade. About 650 years ago.

And because of that, China now says it has a legitimate claim to ownership of Okinawa! Lolz.

We were paying Japan at the same time in the opposite direction.

3 Likes

Nice pics and nice bike! I love the look of 70s-80s steel bikes. I fixed one up not too long ago, rode it a couple times. Hateful, just don’t know what to do with my hands!

Have thought about the Colnago Master, or something of that nature, but with a modern (round tube though, not those integrated cockpit things) handlebar and groupset.

Dude, what school did you attend? You don’t know who Columbus is???