How was your ride today?

I do 4-5 days a week with none and can do 14 days no problem.
BUT when I drink extreme amounts.
Last Saturday I did 8 pints 2 thirds bottle of scotch and whole bottle of red wine. Oh and vaguely remember some shots of Kaoliang then have have large glass red wine Sunday breakfast followed by Guinness.
Normal for Friday- Saturday or Saturday-Sunday sometime all 3 days.
Lot of toxins yeah my liver hurts gives me backache.

2 Likes

I’ll never be a English teacher :rofl:
I binge drink. Better?

I get a hangover just reading about all that drinking and mixing of different spirits. I stick to scotch mostly and my maximum is about 200ml (those small bottles sold at 7-11). If I go over that I start forgetting what I did the night before and I pay for it the next morning. Be careful. Maybe only drink at home so you can have on hand only what you think is a reasonable amount to consume.

1 Like

Forget about Wuling, that feat something worth training for. :laughing:

What about when you drink extreme amounts?

And make sure you live above a family mart!

1 Like

Today

https://strava.app.link/CllVTqWWhcb

I’m doing some training, I intend to go round island before I have to leave, after 6th 30 day extension I’m here until 21 February, don’t fancy doing in February hoping for 7th extension so can do it March :crossed_fingers: but February if I have to.

I will lay of the booze 14 days before I do.

1 Like

Never bothered me. Used to race still drunk sometimes. Never won of course but still managed an occasional podium. All the early tour riders used brandy as a strength enhancement!

1 Like

Guinness is mine :grinning:

I must admit to less endurance but more balls. Only okay for short sprint races or hill climbs

My Strava year starting 16 June.

3 Likes

Been living in Zhonghe 6 weeks now and only just realised this mountain is only 2k away from me.

https://strava.app.link/T5rwZ551zcb

3 Likes

I haven’t been there myself, but one of the more popular climbs of Zhong He!

How does it compare to Maokong? What I like about Maokong is that there are few cars and many trees (that protect you from the sun and winds). I see cars in both of your photos. :thinking:

I had a trip to Taichung for the longest time, but right as I left, Taipei saw clear skies and 20 degree weather!

It’s ok though, as I got the chance to ride the 139 and head up to the Sunny Hills HQ in Nantou.

Defitinely a different kind of riding in Taichung where we rode for quite awhile before hitting hills and quiet roads. I’m too used to being able to duck into the riverside when things get a bit nitty gritty on the main roads in Taipei.

2 Likes

To complete the final kms of my Festive 500 challenge, I headed out to the riverside last Tuesday to get in what I hoped to be about 30km with a friend.

Little did I know, I would end up climbing 1000m+ and doing twice what I planned and endured temps that were just…stupid.

In my defense, this is what the Festive500 should really be like and I should not complain. We are just too spoiled in Taiwan this time of year with good weather and lots of choices to ride.

1 Like

While we’re trying to figure out why it’s so f-ing cold, our fellow cyclists are already at the top of Yang Ming Shan playing in the snow.

3 Likes

Hey, so there’s snow in YMS??? cool!

FIFY

:smiley:

Yeah, that too, but probably not as much as my room.