How was your ride today?

Did the toddler wave to you and they rode by :wink:

1 Like

It works!

Who is the statue dude in the last photo?

Guy

I passed them first. Couldn’t believe my eyes. I thought she must be riding an e-bike but it wasn’t. Several hundred meters up the hill I got winded and had to take a break. As I was drinking my water, she caught up to me and passed me. :flushed: The toddler, a little girl, was just sitting back and enjoying herself.

5 Likes

Taiki, the first person from Okinawa to be sent by the king ( or one of the kings of Ryukyu) to China to establish tributary trade. About 650 years ago.

And because of that, China now says it has a legitimate claim to ownership of Okinawa! Lolz.

We were paying Japan at the same time in the opposite direction.

3 Likes

Nice pics and nice bike! I love the look of 70s-80s steel bikes. I fixed one up not too long ago, rode it a couple times. Hateful, just don’t know what to do with my hands!

Have thought about the Colnago Master, or something of that nature, but with a modern (round tube though, not those integrated cockpit things) handlebar and groupset.

Dude, what school did you attend? You don’t know who Columbus is???

You are aware of these down tube motors, right? I saw a couple of riders years ago like not pushing whatsoever yet advancing pretty fast. Sure enough they were motored.

Colnago Master: one of my favourite bikes. Good luck finding a decent frame for less than a million dollars now. They have become Super Collectible…

1 Like

You can order them new, but it’s £2500 GBP, just for the frame. For that money (or near enough) there’s frames with better geometry.

Yeah, I know. They’re hard to tell at first glance, but the fatter tube gives it away. No, she was riding a conventional mountain bike.

Ah. I did not know they are remaking them. I’m thinking of a circa 1990 original. Some crazy paint jobs and arabesque lug work back then. And weird tube crimping for stiffness tuning.

Wow. Not as bad as I have seen in the past. My Colnago from 1982 is listed on eBay the same as a Master now. Lolz.

And I looked at the new model master modern. So similar to the originals except for the modern groupset.

2 Likes

I’ve seen motors that fit in “normal” downtubes.

Giving they home upgrade a test ride to Bali. All good other than squeaky pedals.

8 Likes

How does it spin?

Spins very nicely, smooth as butter. :+1:

Dismantled greased clicking pedals last night.

Maokong mountain ride not done for over a year didn’t think I was good for it? done with 1 stop take a photo :grinning:
Mid morning bad time sun on me near all
The way, I was glad to see the top.

10 Likes