How was your ride today?

The Dongshan high school route (Laoquan St. Lane 26) is the most shaded with the smallest gradient.

3 Likes

I kept looking at this picture and thought something was off, and then I noticed the new font. It’s an improvement I’d say. :+1: And good riddance to the cartoon characters. Here’s my pic from my ride last week:

290355151_1234796117291778_2806734410986765468_n

3 Likes

That is attention to detail!

Guy

1 Like

Eagle eye.
Don’t think I would have noticed

2 Likes

I’ve ridden that gondola many times since it opened. I’ve hiked up Maokong and ridden it down, and for the past couple years, biked up Maokong more than half a dozen times, and every time I reached the gondola station, I’d snap a picture of it. So I know it pretty well.

1 Like

One might say…

The Eye of Maokong :aerial_tramway:

2 Likes

Sharpened by drinking some of that fine tea! :grin:

Guy

I had my alarm set for 3:30AM for a 4:30AM meet up, but when I woke up at 3:40AM, there was a very low chance I was going to make it on time, especially to a ride that I would most likely get dropped on :laughing:.

I ended up heading out by myself doing WZS and half of XiWan Rd to acquire 1,000m if elevation gain. It was pain cave from the get go, but it felt good when I got to the top.

I saw a party was being held at the top of FGZ so I took a u-turn at the fork going down FHZ and headed down Zhi Shan Rd Lane 336. Doing a bit of recon when I do decide to ride up this way in the near future.

8 Likes

Do you only sleep one hour a night? Are you Tyler Durden?

Nice pic by the way. The sign says something about clouds and trees, by my understanding. Probably not what it means, but the imagery is beautiful.

3 Likes

New to this thread. Hello.

Where to buy biking clothes here in Taipei? I’m 6’2 and 80kg. Looking for a nice fitted top and shorts. Thanks

1 Like

To be honest I usually buy when I’m in Canada, because I have a better idea of the price / quality ratios there. When I shop in Taiwan - which I haven’t done that often - I face the common-to-me dilemma here of “Isn’t that too cheap to be any good?” or “No friggin’ way I’m paying that kind of surcharge for a brand name”, with little in between.

Decathlon may have the biggest selection in one place, anyway.

These two threads probably have the most ideas:

2 Likes

Thank you for this. I had not seen these other threads but often see this one so I wrote here. Thanks again

2 Likes

And I thought I liked to start early.

1 Like

Where is that shop???

Decathlon is shite. Nothing fits.

Here’s the cruel truth: you are fat.

2 Likes

Nah but yeah but, I wear medium size to fat shame myself. But Decathlon doesn’t fit. I bought a helmet and I just can’t make it fit. Threw it away. Their shorts are rubbish. Their tops are rubbish.

Great socks mind. And I bought a real good functional fabric t-shirt for 300, actually makes me look thin.

3 Likes

That’s what she said.

Funny enough, I overslept by like 15 mins. Most of the guys who did head out on that ride reported they’d only slept 3 hours :laughing: and I was having none of that.

風櫃嘴 = Wind Tunnel = the most ridden and popular climb in Taipei.

2 Likes

I’ve yet to attempt FGZ on my latest comeback tour. Did Maokong on Saturday. Prolly do Balaka first.

2 Likes

There’s a reason why I cut out that screenshot to mask my very embarrassing PR.

Probably never get back to that level of fitness. Makes me a bit sad, I do miss the epic sufferfest.

1 Like