How would you describe a color to a blind person

It’s really the other way around, dude.

1 Like

I must confess I had to look up what a blancmange was. Doesn’t it literally translate to “white-eat” in French?

Doesn’t that like come in a cup? Could their hands get stuck?

Unless you use decimal points in describing temperatures, you cannot make that argument. Celsius is more intuitive, fits better with other measurements, and is more universal. But it sure as shit ain’t more accurate.

1 Like

Accuracy has to do with the instrument you are using to measure, not the unit.
Do you think 1cm3 is less accurate than 1ml? Or that 1inch is more accurate than 25.4mm?

Your assumption that a decimal point makes one unit more or less accurate than another is probably due to your background.
For example, suppose it is exactly 87 F outside:
87 F = 30.555555555 C

But don’t make the mistake of thinking that this means Farenheit is better in that it can express more temperatures as shorter numbers. It could just as easily be the case that it’s exactly 33 C outside, in which case:

33 C = 91.4 F

So in the case of this temperature it requires more decimal places in Farenheit to communicate the same amount of information.

2 Likes

Ah, no worries

Forumosan: initiates describe-a-color game
Everyone else: discusses temperature measurement systems and English desserts

True to form.

3 Likes

Your still didn’t use 5 words to describe it… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’m not talking about conversions, I’m talking about everyday usage. The temperature outside is some specific amount. Fahrenheit uses smaller units, so it more accurately reflects what the actual temperature is.

Thanks for asking.

Nope. Let’s stick to five words or less. It’s forces creativity and originality. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Again, uncertainty in the temperature measurement is determined by the instrumentation , not by the unit of measure.
It may be more convenient for you (which is quite a personal thing, tbh) but it’s nothing to do with accuracy.

In someways it’s cool, the brainiacs come out and you (general sense) learn something.

Then you have the "lets-take-this-off-track-cause-we-dont-like-them"crowd :thinking::thinking::joy:

And the color is gold

1 Like

There is an objective truth to what a temperature is at a given time. Unless you use decimal points, the smaller unit will more accurately describe what that temperature is.

That’s nice. But how would you describe gold. :grinning:

I thought we were on cerulean blue…

I’ve done a few now so I’m giving someone else a chance to play.

2 Likes

I see what you mean.
Personally, I have no issues with decimal points, but as I said, is really a matter of preference.

But anyways,

Cerulean Blue: Rest in an pleasant afternoon
Gold: Prestige and luxury

Next: Copper

Next: Copper

A meth fiend’s breath.

Turquoise

2 Likes

Arguing with wife: Green! Blue!

Next: Black

2 Likes