How you guys keeping warm these days? It's chilly Winter 2023!

In parts of Taiwan it’s like 9C or less and the RealFeel is lower. How are you keeping warm?

Here are my secrets so far this winter:

1. Uniqlo Heattech shirts
  2. Tights under pants
  3. Fleece Jeans
  4. Layers
  5. Our office is warmer than our home!
  6. Various Teas
  7. Hat & scarf when I’m sitting at the PC
  8. High necks on sweaters and comfortable shirts

What are you doing? We have Heat AC units, but they just seem to aggravate the draughts! LOL! I’m considering other things

Wife says don’t wear too much or you’ll feel cold outside (which makes no sense to me)… if you’re cold, you’re cold. Don’t matter if you’re inside or outside.

2 Likes

Start a heated debate about something, be completely wrong but argue it anyway, with total conviction. Keeps me toasty!

14 Likes

How could be so wrong about offering this kind of advice? You clearly know nothing about keeping warm.

On FB it says to put rocks in your pocket.

2 Likes

AcTuAlLy it says put cocks in your rocket, obvious!!!

I don’t even have FB, so I should know, like, totally duuuh!

1 Like

Outrageous! Mixing metafours? Good GOD, man! How do you sleep!

2 Likes

In size Tall (extra long). With long woolen socks, house slippers, and flannel lounge pants. The one I have must weigh 5kg, but I am without effs to give because I am warm.

3 Likes

We used a a radiant heater in our bedroom, which kept it pretty cozy. Something like
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DeLonghi-1500-Watt-5120-BTU-Electric-Oil-Filled-Radiator-Space-Heater-Quiet-Full-Room-Comfort-TRD50615E/310014121

1 Like
3 Likes

My strategy so far has been to drink copious amounts of hot chocolate, alternating between Family Mart’s collaboration with YU CHOCOLATIER and 7-11’s dangerous GODIVA version.

Guy

3 Likes

Must I politicize my junk?

2 Likes

I dealt with the cold weather by moving to a warmer climate.

10 Likes

Do they sell a wearable hot water bottle yet?

I started wearing trousers around the apartment instead of shorts? But then my wife cranked the heat so now I’m back to shorts.

6 Likes

I’m fine. Windows are open to let in the cold air. Had a nice cold beer last night. Wearing gloves on the motorcycle but otherwise not really anything special. 14 degrees Celsius isn’t cold, -40 is cold.

:maple_leaf:

7 Likes

You’re in K-Town, so sorry your views on this issue don’t count!

Note to self: plan trip to K-Town . . . .

Guy

4 Likes

Hadn’t thought about doing this yet even, down by the sea yesterday.
(I’m relating your motorcycle to my scooter as a daly rider, I always have gloves on my motorcycle)

1 Like

I don’t know what you wimps are complaining about. I was waiting for a kebab earlier, and between the warm weather and the kebab oven it was almost too warm. I felt like I was getting a tan.

(Chiang Mai)

3 Likes

I used to drive my wife’s family crazy with my winter beer drinking.

3 Likes

I love the cold weather. Do you guys not remember how excruciatingly hot it’s been for like 9 months this year?

I don’t miss swass.

3 Likes

The cold is okay. Cloudy is not too bad. But the constant rain is something I just can’t get used to. Add a bit of cold to it and the hatred of the weather grows and grows. I’ll be retiring in Hualien in an area of the county that rains very little. I learned my lesson after years of Taipei working and Xizhi living (especially the Xizhi part).

5 Likes