Huashan Park Murder in Taipei

That’s probably a definite advantage. It means we have some of our rational faculties still functioning.

To your point, I think I read that he had cut off her breasts, which were found in his fridge. An act that defines the standard male fantasy, obviously. :crazy_face:

It’s toxic psychopathy if anything, a new phrase in this discussion which has zero meaning.

Good point. It’s one of the things I had in mind the other day when this discussion turned into a gender discussion, but I forgot to mention it.

HA.

Sorry I just couldn’t make it through that terribly written article. Is there a tl;dr?

Sorry I have no idea what you are talking about.

Guy

tl;dr = summary

Don’t worry about not having read the article. Having no interest in reading certainly has not stopped many (but not all) of the posters in this thread from expressing their views about it.

Guy

How could I miss it! Amidst the air pollution, stagnant wages, sh*tty bosses, sky high property costs, threats from China, tainted food, etc. etc. etc.–the key problem we need to discuss is “crazy feminism.”

I do wonder lately what planet you guys are living on. It’s not mine.

Peace to all,
Guy

For those having trouble with reading comprehension, the meaning of my phrase is “It is not the planet I am living on.”

Finally, I wish to say congrats to all of you who have managed to turn a thread about a man chopping up a woman in Taipei City into an anti-feminist forum. Is this what forumosa has become? Is this direction really serving our community? If so, I am ashamed to be part of this group. You should be ashamed too.

Peace to all,
Guy

Threads typically get misdirected the longer they get. It’s the nature of the beast.
Plus, not much news on the murder lately other than what is already known.
So, let the slings and arrows continue.

2 Likes

Unless I’m misreading the thread it is posters taking issue with the murder being described as solely the result of toxic masculinity, and what exactly toxic masculinity means (if anything).

Why do you consider that to be anti-feminist?

6 Likes

You would seem to be the main culprit, as you were the one who posted the silly article that everybody reacted to.

2 Likes

I see several descriptions anti-feminist imo, but many of them may be as irony against the term of toxic masculinity. I don’t think this thread itself is talking anti-feminist things.

1 Like

I did a little research and evidently “toxic masculinity” is term used by SJWs and their enablers. Basically, in a nutshell masculine norms contribute to socity’s downfall.

Toxic masculinity is the suspect here because the archery dude and the other guy before him obviously learned from a young age that chopping up women in to little pieces is accepted by society dominated my men. Prepare to see more dismemberments in the future if Taiwan does not embark on an estrogen charged path of enlightenment.

4 Likes

We love fallacies here, huh? I don’t like all those things you say, and I complain about them in the right threads for that. Even in those threads that are nothing to do with those topics. So you and me agree that those things are terrible. Still I didn’t like when I came here that Taiwan people are so much under the influence of the USA culture. And more related to your rant about masculinity and men, I’m not happy about the arrival of feminism.

As Cow says, it was you the person who brought an article saying that the main point here that nobody wants to talk about (I wonder why) is toxic masculinity. Which is like to say that the problem of pirates in the Philippines is actually toxic masculinity, because most of sailors are male, so to be a sailor is a masculine trait, and to be a pirate is a toxic way of being a sailor, so it’s a toxic masculine behaviour. You follow?

1 Like

If anything, toxic masculinity lets violent men off the hook. “It’s not my fault guvner, society conditioned me to be this way.”

There will be psychiatric reports about the guy before his trial. I doubt he will be found to be sound as a pound. Unless personality disorders are solely caused by a toxically masculine upbringing.

You are referring to the article that some posters here could not be arsed to read before responding to it? Hioe’s piece links up analysis of mainstream media and social media discourse, tied up with the issue of commercial and non-commercial “artist” spaces in Taipei, and thinks through the meanings of a woman’s terrible death through analytic terms that many posters evidently do not understand. If you think this is all “silly,” that’s your business. But kindly do not place the blame for this clusterf*uck of a thread on my doorstep. You guys have earned this one. Good bye.

Guy

All of this might well have some validity, but as I said to Gain, you’ve moved the goalposts out of “eight-sigma utter fucking nutcase” territory into a discussion of dysfunctional cultures.

Even if you insist on changing the terms of the discussion, consider those cultures that indulge in ‘honor killings’ or other forms of extreme machismo. You’ll find that they are (I’m not aware of any exceptions) incredibly violent in other respects, not just in terms of violence against women. They are inured to violence and consider it an acceptable solution to all sorts of situations which would be resolved more peaceably elsewhere.

Conversely, there are plenty of cultures that do have an undercurrent of what might fairly be called ‘toxic masculinity’ which have an incredibly low rate of violence against either men or women - just at random, I can see UAE, Italy, and Japan in this list.

The reason is that what you describe as ‘toxic masculinity’ - the idea that men possess women - has a flipside. It makes men intensely protective of women in general, and although that can certainly become too much of a good thing, one possible result (not always the guaranteed one) is a low level of violence against women and instant retribution against men who misuse their ‘rights’. Not saying this is the way it should be. Just pointing out that it’s all a bit complicated.

The questions you raise are interesting ones - and I think we’ve got several threads on them - but they really do have nothing whatsoever to do with crazies who keep body parts in their refrigerators. Do you think Idi Amin would have been a nicer person if he’d been prescribed spironolactone at birth?