Huashan Park Murder in Taipei

Sometimes too much. And it’s annoying when I’m trying to troll you.

1 Like

It’s always the best defense against a troll :face_with_monocle:

did you just assume their gender?

According to some first hand accounts, some signed up to join the KMT forces in hear of retribution. Some were tricked into joining. The KMT would promote “free Mandarin lessons”, and send those who signed up to a school surrounded by armed military personnel, and force them to put on the military uniform. A large portion of these Taiwanese forced to fight in the Chinese civil war were Taiwanese aboriginals.

Plenty of them were later captured by the CCP and forced to fight for the CCP instead. Both KMT and CCP used Taiwanese troops as canon fodder. They recall battles where both sides were sending Taiwanese troops to fight each other.

The CCP later “volunteered” captured Taiwanese troops to the Korean theater.

It is easy to write off violence against women as a mental health issue, just like how it is easy to do the same with gun violence or suicide. It’s a lazy getaway.

The real problem here is not a few psychopathic murderers. It is the culture of guys believing that women are supposed to be their properties, that women are not supposed to reject them, and that if they do, they ought to be punished. I would call that toxic masculinity.

Finally, the fact that you guys are circlejerking how this is not about toxic masculinity is just not convincing. It’s like a bunch of white people saying that racism doesn’t exist. What @ironlady wrote is entirely true.

1 Like

Just as easy as saying that terrorists have mental issues and have nothing to do with islam. This approach is ok if it suits you, but absolutely haram in other cases. Nice.

We’re not in Saudi Arabia, sorry m9.

a) Did you just assume our genders?
b) Why would it be white people saying that racism doesn’t exist? Racism exists towards people of all races. Do you have any particular problem with white people? Not that I really care, but it could be useful for future reference to explain cases of racism towards other people, because if being racist against whites is ok and “not real racism” then it will be easy to apply the same logic to other cases.

3 Likes

At first, I thought I would disagree to (with?) your post, but thought on the crimes against women by men in India, and think it might be toxin masculinity.

But why toxic “masculinity”? why not toxic “behaviour” or “culture” or “society”? What is inherently masculine in raping and killing women? how are those activities something that makes a man more manly, so you can say that it comes from their masculinity?

If you twist things enough, raping could been seen as some sort of masculinity for it implies an active and dominant sexual activity, and we, both women and men, tend to evaluate how much a woman is a woman or a man is a man upon their sexual appeal or power. A woman is a heck of a woman if her boobs and ass have the right size and shape, and fucks like God, so that men identify her as fertile. And a man is a heck of a man if he’s strong and has a long penis he can keep hard for very long, so he’s very virile. All of this because of the huge importance we give to sex, but again that’s kinda stupid and to twist things.

2 Likes

OK, now you just moved the goalposts from ‘murder and dismemberment’ to a vague ‘violence’.

You may not be aware that most domestic-violence events are committed by women against men, but it tends to be psychological violence; men harm women less often, but when they do, they do it with extreme prejudice.

The simple explanation for this is that most women have no chance of winning in a physical altercation with a man.

Bottom line is that people sometimes hurt other people, and women and men are pretty much neck-and-neck in the hurting-people stakes. Which is a pretty mundane observation.

Except that no man I’ve ever met actually thinks that. Oh, no, wait. I did meet one. He was a convicted rapist. Last I heard he’d been sent back to jail for beating the shit out of some ex-gf. Every man who knew him was like “good riddance, hope he stays there”.

So no, that isn’t the problem.

This.

It also answers tando’s point.

I LOLed as well. Straight to jail with me.

1 Like

Clearly, there needs to be a re-education camp set up for filth like us.

you are right. I feel “culture” or “society” more suitable to express what I thought. My excuse is I’m still not very understanding what is masculinity.

Or even toxic “person” or toxic “man”.

You’d have to be a fool to believe that such psyschology only exists in Saudi Arabia.

Yes.

I don’t have any problem with white people but I’m not gonna engage in this again.

Because it’s mostly men doing it? Isn’t it obvious?

Of course they won’t tell that to your face.

1 Like

Let me take you for a ride on my motorcycle.

For what?

No, it’s not obvious. What is obvious is that you wouldn’t make a living analyzing logic statements, and I kinda refuse to believe that you can do it working on language related business :frowning:

1 Like

Even for the casual observer it should be quite obvious that in Taiwan there is a disproportionate amount of domestic violence, and it is quite obvious it is due to men in general(with the obvious exception of all or most men on forumosa) having some pretty old fashioned ideas about women. Now, if you dont want to call it toxic masculinity, fine, but its still there.

1 Like

I think what is discussed here is whether the terminology expressing the things is appropriate.

2 Likes