I am Quarantined and here is how it happened

Permission to insert sheep fucking joke here sir?

3 Likes

The collocate for sheep is shagging.

2 Likes

They did not require you use a special cab. I can send a picture of the order stating simply arrange a private car if you can. Don’t speak up if you don’t know what the policy stated is.

Also, just hearing no one can get a 90 day visa at this point so to the dude who said he was doing a Visa run today, I think you are SoL.

What rule did I break? You have no idea what you’re talking about as I simply did not.

I am in the news business and the Government directive is to use their designated cars. I know the policy. It has been in place since this party started and got tighter when that illegal cabbie got sick and died from COVID-19.

What I fear is that while the instructions are clear in Taoyuan, you came in through Kaohsiung and did not get the appropriate information. You might not have been the only one. That means there could be a big loophole. Kaohsiung airport also was lacking in swine flu info.

1 Like

To who are saying I broke a protocol for the car home here is the exact order (only the first regulation is relevant here):
According to laws and regulations in Taiwan, you are required to take home quarantine for 14 days after entry and abide by the following requirements:

1. Please ask your family or friends to pick you up, drive by yourself, take the designated transport vehicle (airport taxi/rental car) or arrange your own private car to return home. Do NOT take public transportation unless going to offshore islands or Taitung on domestic flights or by marine transport.
2 Likes

See the exact order I just posted.

I don’t really care what you saw in the news, I have the order sitting in front of me and was the one who dealt with it. I clearly followed the rule by arranging my own private car to return home. Also kept my mask on the whole ride because at that point I was paranoid from the herding situation.

Also, as I have said multiple times already this was me explaining how I thought the situation was simply disorganized and can be done in a much better fashion. The topic is not titled “here is WHY it happened” it is “HOW it happened”. Just shedding some light on how things were handled. I understood I was taking a risk (I didn’t realize how big of a risk as Japan was still cool when I left lol) and that is on me, definitely not blaming Taiwan, just want to see things improved so that this shit isn’t spread any more.

1 Like

I don’t know how big of a wave this was. As I noted, my plane I think could hold about 150 passengers and there were 5 of us. More staff than passengers. I heard a few people talking about their planes and it sounded like 15-20 was about the average. That is probably more than recently though as you are correct, tons of planes have essentially been empty. The airline industry has got to be hurting.

Which website is that from?

EDIT
Got it
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/GrlkX8DWjRkYVLZTtUFj4Q

1 Like

yea it wasn’t a website it is from my order I have sitting here lol.

What you posted is correct though that is exactly what we got walking off the plane. First copy they kept, we got the second copy and the tracking page.

1 Like

It’s a bit weird. Taxis aren’t technically public transport so the government has laid on 1000 or so designated taxis, but seem to have allowed a loophole wherein you can still take a non-designated taxi. Kind of defeats the point of the designated transport vehicles.

Does anyone know if the Chinese has been translated incorrectly?

Could have been, but the guy at the first table straight up just said figure it out, but go home alone essentially. Did not have a requirement for a special taxi. I’m glad, would have cost probably 1k more. I feel bad for a German girl who now has to stay for 2 weeks because her layover was like 2 days and she has to pay for a hotel for 2 weeks. The first CDC guy was like “ok let me get a list of hotels…” he comes back “I’ll help book this, you will pay for this?” and she was just like “uhhh I guess I kind of have to?” and he laughed and said “yes I guess you do.” fuuuuuck.

Those are the people getting screwed really. I’m just chilling in my apartment doing some work from home and watching stuff and gaming.

1 Like

Is that a cultural thing? After I have my car filled up the gas pump attendant will say the price and then “Is that OK?”. Well, if it isn’t OK then you’re going to have to siphon some out mate.

2 Likes

自機場返家應以親友接送、自行駕車為優先,或搭乘防疫車隊(機場排班計程車/租賃車)、自行安排專用小客車為限;除前往離島地區及臺東者需搭乘國內海空運航班外,不得搭乘大眾運輸。
二、 請於搭車(機、船)時主動出示本通知書收執聯;並全程佩戴口罩。

Seems correct, it is dated 14th this month but the data itself is weird. It doe snot correspond with what has been published before and as pointed out, it is quite problematic/dangerous.

I’d still would not tell it is an illegal taxi if asked, unless they are doing contact tracing. The problem with these folks is that it is not that easy to track the passengers.

1 Like

It seems very odd to me. My gut feeling is it’s a cock-up.

Take the designated vehicle, or any old taxi for half the price. I wonder which one they’ll all pick?

Seems to be. Stateside it always “how much do you want” and it would something like “fill er up” or “$20” before they did anything. Although that was only at service stations…or Jersey.

I think the CDC should be giving out vouchers to some of these people though. There have got to be people who don’t have the means to simply stay in a hotel for 2 weeks. I know one girl said she was trying to find a hostel, but fuck, how can you stay in a hostel for 2 weeks?!?! Too many people around, that’s not a quarantine, and how is she going to feed herself in that time as well? It’s a bit nonsensical.

1 Like

apparently they monitor your mobile number and if it pings a tower not in your area, it sends you a warning message. Don’t know what would happen after that.

1 Like

Found a friend on this. Disregard.