I don't want to have babies any more

Nope. That was another chap.

So should I have my “leaving do” on Sunday at Carnage? We could all get hideously drunk and come up with a new name for me. Then we could segue into the coming out party for the new me. (I have to be home by five to walk the dog, btw.)

Oh, Buttercup and Sandman, could you please continue that conversation somewhere else? This is a wholesome family forum.

I didn’t really say that, did I? Help! I am succumbing.

How dare you ever accuse my dog of being dull! :fume: If you can ever drag yourself away from that high-falutin’ job of yours I’ll show you the 27463 photographs I’ve taken of him so far, and you’ll have to admit that every single one of them is fascinating.

[quote=“Loretta”]Should I change my name again?[/quote] I voted Maybe, which kind of means, “If you want to.”

I hear, “Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii” is now up for grabs. Anita Man. Amanda Huggenkiss.

Heywood Jablomie?
Harry Savage?
Harry Wang?
Cloris Sacklicker?
Those ones are free.
The good ones will cost you.

I can tell you how Almas John was in bed…will clinic receipts suffice?

I voted “Maybe”, too.

Maybe means, “If you’re going to celebrate the name change by buying drinks for everyone at Carnegie’s, you should.” and

“If you think changing your name is a cause for celebration and expect people to shower you with gifts, you shouldn’t.”

Hey, if Buttercup’s mom was born in '58, Buttercup might still have her baby teeth.

Nama, did you put AJ in the hospital for being lousy in the sack? :howyoudoin:

So . . . how about that day pass?

Loretto.

[quote=“Loretta”]
If you can ever drag yourself away from that high-falutin’ job of yours…[/quote]

Ha! Don’t say that; I’m pretty far down the food chain… You know how little I value things I already have. I get bored easily. Dragging myself away is never a problem; not running away is my challenge in life. Fortunately this whole company/town is like an adventure park for people for people who get bored easily.

It’s all part of my ninja training.

Your dog’s a total honey, and I usually find dogs about one notch less interesting than cacti. Actually, cacti are great (flashback to Glasgow’s Botanic gardens!), I just meant ‘cacti’ as a general marker for an inanimate object with few interesting characteristics. You get the idea.

Loretta, did you ever even want to have babies? I never knew!

I thought Meowman would be a good name. You have to be more catty.

Miss_Anthrope
Chide_less
Ma_the_Hood

[quote=“mike_rophonechecker”]Miss_Anthrope
Chide_less
Ma_the_Hood[/quote]
There’s no reason to use the underline. Is there?

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”][quote=“mike_rophonechecker”]Miss_Anthrope
Chide_less
Ma_the_Hood[/quote]
There’s no reason to use the underline. Is there?[/quote]

long time UNIX user?

I have proper spaces, and even proper capitalization in my name.

[quote=“urodacus”][quote=“Dr. McCoy”][quote=“mike_rophonechecker”]Miss_Anthrope
Chide_less
Ma_the_Hood[/quote]
There’s no reason to use the underline. Is there?[/quote]

long time UNIX user?[/quote]

LOL!!!

Let me update for the new kids.

Chide Less
Ma The Hood
Miss Anthrope

Sorry for the line confusion. FYI I have placed the original first option into third place just in case you are still troubled.

And why do people keep calling me Lola?

That’s annoying.

And why hasn’t some obsessive moderator tidied this thread into another category yet? It’s not about living in Taiwan.

Hey, I finally found a dentist that took that 10-year stain off my teeth in a snap. He actually used that grimy, sand-based stuff you put on a little rubber twirly bird thing, not that air gun nonsense, and buffed my teeth to hell. (I think the cute assistant was worried he was going to waste my enamel.) They’re yellow now rather than brown. I’m thrilled!

But I still don’t want kids.

It’s the OP thing, “My kids this” and “My kids that”. Give me a fucking break already! And have you noticed that once someone has kids, well, no need to explain.

The only upshot for kids that I can see are: 1) Life without kids gets a bit to comfy and, well, sometimes BORING in middle age, and maybe some kid trauma would light things up a bit, and 2) I can’ t think of a 2, but I’m sure it’s out there.

I disagree there. Kids in Taiwan? My experience has been that when people have kids, they eventually leave Taiwan, usually when they’re (the kids that is) about to enter middle or high school. So being here and having kids is a major step. I’d argue that it’s much more of a change than having kids in the comfort of your home country. But many stick it out in Taiwan, and money helps a lot. Damn, I’d never make it with kids on my salary. I don’t know… I’d either have to sell 'em or eat 'em. (Hey, it’s Halloween.)