I Left My Wife. She Followed Me. She's Now Squatting in my new home

You are right, YOU shouldn’t have called your wife a psycho b**ch… That’s pretty ugly.

Locking your wife out of all the charity money you received, is also very ugly.

I hope the mod won’t delete your thread, to help others considering donating money to think twice.

In the past, I’ve donated over $30,000NT to people in Taiwan that have got in scooter accidents (and have dependents) and I side with Mordeth on this one (would love to donate this time around but we sponsor a number of kids in the developing world and have two kids in uni at the moment).

Contrast the care-giving/strong support by family of the late Ma Ke (in year’s past) in contrast with Mordeth’s wife. I think these sort of challenges test people’s character and Mordeth’s wife should be “standing by her man” during this struggle (by helping out in the house/caregiving or working or at least not being confrontational) or at least not making things worse. And people might criticize Mordeth for being such a social media guru and posting all this stuff and the update videos, but I am proud of the guy. He’s made himself into a video blogging minor celebrity (and a lot of his followers want these updates to see how he’s doing), was hurt while trying to provide for his family, and a lot of people get a kick out of his commentary, videos, and outspoken personality. He’s also shown that he has strong social media and fundraising skills. I’d rather side with a person like that. :2cents:

In the past, I’ve donated over $30,000NT to people in Taiwan that have got in scooter accidents and I side with Mordeth on this one (would love to donate this time around but we sponsor a number of kids in the developing world and have two kids in uni at the moment).

Contrast the care-giving/strong support by family of the late Ma Ke (in year’s past) in contrast with Mordeth’s wife. I think these sort of challenges test people’s character and Mordeth’s wife should be “standing by her man” during this struggle (by helping out in the house/caregiving or working or at least not being confrontational) or at least not making things worse. And people might criticize Mordeth for being such a social media guru and posting all this stuff and the update videos, but I am proud of the guy. He’s made himself into a video blogging minor celebrity (and a lot of his followers want these updates to see how he’s doing), was hurt while trying to provide for his family, and a lot of people get a kick out of his commentary, videos, and outspoken personality. He’s also shown that he has strong social media and fundraising skills. I’d rather side with a person like that. :2cents:[/quote]

i enjoy watching his videos and find it great that he is able to make a living out of his passion.

But trashing his wife on a public forum and the way he publicly disclosed how he handles his family’s money, it’s disgusting.

As a “public image”, he shouldn’t didplay his personal issues in such a disturbing way… He lost me.

And to find out that his wife got a million nt$ in her personal account and that they have 3 mortgages… It proves that he asked for charity because he didn’t want to spend his own money on hospital bills and lost of income.

It’s always easier to ask others to be responsible for you.

Disappointed big time…

[quote=“Markova”]

But trashing his wife on a public forum and the way he publicly disclosed how he handles his family’s money, it’s disgusting.[/quote]

This forum is full of dramas/posts about relationships where many people criticize their other half, especially on money-related control issues with their Taiwan spouses. While many choose not to talk about finances, Mordeth is hardly alone in describing openly his relationship/financial experiences. There are whole forums on here (e.g., Dating and Relationships, Money etc.) specifically dedicated to that. People sometimes prefer this site over others because of its “bread and circuses” entertainment (versus clubby backslapping) and reality posts such as this one are popular indeed (look how many views this thread has).

One of the only things I admired when reading about the Ma-Ke tragedy many moons ago (it was so tragic) was the display of loyalty shown by his wife who worked day after day in retail to keep the family going. It was touching to see such devotion and hard work in a horrible circumstance.

I think it would be fair to say that similar stoicism has not been displayed by Mordeth’s SO. I think a lot of people would be trashing their spouse (online or in person) in similar circumstances if that person (a) had a poor work ethic (b) was abusive (c) continued this behavior during a life-event accident such as the one Mordeth recently faced.

Considering all the challenges Mordeth has faced in his life (which his blog and videos touch on), I think his vlogging, passion for biking, communication/outreach/fundraising skills, and his business in promoting Taiwan tours (with the accident occurring on one of these) have all shown a lot of drive. :2cents:

[quote]
And to find out that his wife got a million nt$ in her personal account and that they have 3 mortgages [/quote]

To me, having three mortgages means they are stretched or they would have paid in cash. Having a million NT in a wife’s account is hardly a safety net, especially if that’s the $50,000 dollars that he’s raised online and now can’t access.

There should be some explanation about these mortgages.

I’m also curious about the tax he might have to pay on all the donation he is receiving.

How does it work?

When did he say he had three mortgages? I only remember him commenting that IF he had to rent a third place, because he couldn’t get the wife out of the second one, it would be difficult financially.

If he was physically abused or threatened with physical abuse while an invalid to the point where he requires personal security now he should file domestic abuse charges. My understanding is domestic abuse laws have been given some real teeth in recent years and, if so, that would solve the stalking problem and provide a basis for further legal action.

The truth and lies have this in common: they both can get pretty ugly. You can’t tell them apart just by a quick glance.

You are right, YOU shouldn’t have called your wife a psycho b**ch… That’s pretty ugly.

Locking your wife out of all the charity money you received, is also very ugly.

I hope the mod won’t delete your thread, to help others considering donating money to think twice.[/quote]

Who is trying to lock who out of what? Are you just randomly making shit up at this point?

I have no stake in this fight but you really aren’t making yourself look good Mordeth. There are people who helped you in your hour of need who are now feeling like dupes. How about addressing them and not the well poisoners?

Well, from another perspective, does the fact that someone was involved in an accident and sustained physical injuries immediately remove his right to leave a relationship? What if that was in process prior? What if it wasn’t? Is the spouse/SO obligated to spend all his/her money in support of the injured spouse if he/she sees/previously saw the relationship ending?

Sure, in movie of the week, they all do. But this is real life. If you want to know for sure how your money is being spent, “donate” to a corporation by purchasing stock. Then you get a vote. Otherwise, “giving” means you let go of it and whatever happens, happens.

If you donate money to someone, that money becomes theirs. He wont be able to work for a long time, or ride. He is going through a divorce and he has a kid. When he asked for money, he didn’t have a lot. We donate because we fear that one day something similar may happen to us. Gosh, if he wanted to buy a selfie stick with the money, or a goat, or whatever, who cares?

Exactly!

Granted a selfie stick is the opposite of his style. Didn’t he go years and not show his face until it was shown in his accident photo?

I don’t know a lot about his situation, but it seems like some (markova?) are being too hard on him. He’s a public figure who is popular because he does talk about stuff that the average person would not divulge. It’s not the way I operate, but I get it.

Good luck, Mordeth. I hope you and your wife can be civil to each other for the sake of your son.

Try to recover quickly, and don’t worry too much about the money.

Hes not in a good spot. Busted up, continual wifey problems. And honestly, sometimes you are stuck with a woman you really can’t live with . I have been there on that one !.

IF he got a couple mil TW dollars from his viewers, thank Goodness for that. Otherwise he really will be in dire straits.

I don’t think he is in an enviable situ. And I hope things pan out. Sometimes, two people have to live apart. Aren’t hollywood movies all about that? There is no indication he is dis-owning his kid.

Just read bout another case of a Dad wiping out his family and himself here in the USA. Some guy came home and just blasted his 7 year old daughter dead, wife dead, wife’s mom dead and a 12 year old daughter in serious condition, possibly dying. Then drove away and blasted himself dead. Now that is a tragedy.

Mordeth’s situ is hollywood stuff. Let’s hope everyone comes out better in a more workable solution.
It’s tuff for a kid in a household where the parents can’t stand each other :frowning:

It’s going to be a cold day in hell before I buy some other expat in Taiwan a selfie stick. I’m probably even going to need therapy now to beat back my curmudgeonly instincts that the vast majority of expats here are unethical mediocrities with an entitlement complex.

Yep, you’d think 10k would get a thank
you and a bit more of an explanation of what’s what.

Sorry, I kinda stopped following this thread. I created it because I was being harassed and I needed some legal guidance. And now it seems it’s a thread about people making random guesses about things they know nothing about. If anyone has serious concerns about my current situation then by all means send me a private msg and I will respond.

Mordeth, people in this thread gave you money. hard earned and with compassion in their hearts, I also sympathize with what you have been through. But not one thank you or note of appreciation? Not one word?

Is that why you gave the money?