I Love Bob Dylan

On Netflix now.

1 Like

Jesus that version of Isis is astounding.

I stumbled across quite a few children’s book written by Bob Dylan in the educational book stores here.
To hear the store clerk read the book aloud is a gut wrenching experience.
We need to form a national Bob Dylan story hour to teach the readers how to read the stories in that unique Bob Dylan drawl (and play some music in between stories.

https://www.reasontorock.com/tracks/watchtower.html

1 Like

It’s a terrible song.

1 Like

But but but…Rolling Stone says it’s “absolutely mind-blowing.” :astonished:

1 Like

Seems like a spoken word history lesson. Hard to call it music. Musical background yes.

Rolling Stone, Rolling Stone, they yes are mind-blowing but have so many different perspectives who knows which way they’re going to go.

Rolling Stone magazine now is like an LL Bean catalog, with an article or two.

I like it.

2 Likes

I need to be high to listen to this one. But that’s not something I’ve done since I was in my twenties.

If I were high when I listened to it, I’m fairly certain I’d fall asleep before the midway point. It’s a strange song as it works best as background music, but the lyrics need to be heard and digested to really get into the song. They juxtaposition of the bland/relaxing music/delivery and the more intense and thoughtful lyrics makes this a difficult listen. But I still enjoy it.

Try this other artist instead, that keeps bumping me to Bob Dylan every time I listen to it.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=GmbqWTxkd2o

1 Like

The guy in the noose has a certain familiar hairdo.

Enjoy!

1 Like

I just came to know that Bob Dylan released a new album this year!
It’s called “Rough and Rowdy Ways”.
The man is unstoppable!

Enjoy it!

1 Like

Very rich man too after selling the rights to his songs a few weeks back.

1 Like

Yes, indeed!
I was following the news and that’s how I came to know about his new album :wink:

Yeah he was very rich before that. He has secured his legacy. He will get airtime in the future.