I met a fantastic Taiwan woman but she drinks, a lot

大器自發

4 Likes

:banana: :notworthy:

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Googling

Well, if you don’t know the name, you don’t have to google. It’s just a character on Friends who drinks all the time, and has a fun personality because of it. Once Monica talks him out of drinking, he becomes incredibly dull.

4 Likes

For this particular person, I can’t think of anything material or even emotional that I could use as a reward.

I’ll have to investigate further.

She cans the drink or you can her. This is the motivation .

This one has low odds of success, but at least you can tell her what she needs to do and help her with finding treatment. Alcoholism is a very powerful and destructive disease.
If you can help her to quit it would be amazing, but it’s really difficult supposedly. It seems she may still be young enough to quit and maintain her health before her brain cells and liver are destroyed. Alcohol damages the brain and it seems like there’s almost no way back at a certain stage.

2 Likes
1 Like

Eh…women also get hung up on people they know are bad for them just because they’re so attracted to them. I don’t think infatuation is gender-specific. It is, however, temporary.

2 Likes

What a load of bull.

2 Likes

Sorry @Hanna, but I’ve found that men should not listen to women for advice. Sometimes it’s good for basic stuff like what to wear and such, other times women simply can not comprehend the dynamics of attraction and relationships from the guys perspective. It is a different ball game. You usually give good advice, but there are some things women don’t get.

@tango42 as someone who knows quite a bit of addicts, I’d advise you to move on. Addiction is not something that simply goes away because of love. It can actually create a more destructive relationship that worsen the condition and cause terrible dependency on both of you. You can the enabling caretaker and her making you guilty about ever leaving her and make her addiction worse. Addictions sickest effect is on relationships. I’ve never seen anyone with addiction is a unhealthy relationship with people around them.

The first step to recovery is to admit she had a problem. That step, has to be made by her when’s she ready. You might guilt her into it but that won’t work. She needs to be ready on her own. Even after that step, it’s a long long way to go with many slip ups.

3 Likes

We literally both said the same thing, i.e. don’t date an addict. You just used a lot more words to do it.

8 Likes

Soon it will be cellulitis

It’s your solution of moving on. Like @finley said, it clearly indicates you’re not a man.

Look at the bright side…cellulite creates a safe, non-slip surface.

1 Like

It indicates I have no time or energy to mess with addicts because that’s invariably gonna be a disaster. :idunno:

Seems to me that @Hanna thinks like a dude in many situations.

2 Likes

Cellulite isn’t necessarily an age or fat thing. A lot of women just have it from the onset of puberty. I believe it’s hormone-related.

Cellulitis, now that’s a deep tissue skin infection. Bad shit.

1 Like

Maybe ‘Hanna’ is a dude?

2 Likes

Which is Solid and logical advice from a perspective of a young woman who had all the options in the world. Not so logical to come to for a man.