I Need "Manfood" Recipes

Wife is away off to Taiwan for a couple of days. I need some manfood recipes - I wonder if anyone has a special treats to cook when a single male.

The only limitation is that it can’t 100% liquid. 50% is okay. For example last night was some stinky cheeses, deli cuts, mustard, Branston pickle with about a liter of hard cider.

Any good ones? The less pots and dishes used the better. :thumbsup:

Good grief, man, you’re in Singapore. They have this dish there called “laksa.” It’s awesome! Only one pot - a styrofoam container, a baggie and a pair of tossaway chopsticks.

Or was that your maid accidentally posting under your account? :laughing:

HG

Mate, I’m already on a first name basis with the local chicken biryani guy. You of all people must have something… considering your “local” options.

Okay. This primary staple of my single life requires:
Toast - which according to David Byrne on a Talking Heads album which now eludes me, is the national dish of Australia.
A decent avocado.
One lime
Cracked black pepper.
Salted butter.

Mix as required. I suggest buying a swag of good limes and using the remainder for Margaritas.

Being a man who feels comfortable enough about his sexuality to openly wear pink shirts, you could also add some tomatoes, coriander and whatever else and make a nice dip. Margaritas remain the same, but if you’re going the full metrosexual, add a frilly display on the side of your bucket.*

HG
*Drink from a gurrly glass and we’ll just assume you’ve crossed the line to bat with the other team.

Spaghetti Aglio e Olio

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Okay. This primary staple of my single life requires:
Toast - which according to David Byrne on a Talking Heads album which now eludes me, is the national dish of Australia.
A decent avocado.
One lime
Cracked black pepper.
Salted butter.

Mix as required. I suggest buying a swag of good limes and using the remainder for Margaritas.

Being a man who feels comfortable enough about his sexuality to openly wear pink shirts, you could also add some tomatoes, coriander and whatever else and make a nice dip. Margaritas remain the same, but if you’re going the full metrosexual, add a frilly display on the side of your bucket.*

HG
*Drink from a gurrly glass and we’ll just assume you’ve crossed the line to bat with the other team.[/quote]

Hmmm…that’s a good one. Healthy too, no less. I’ll send the help down to the market for an avocado right away.

Well, it was you who inspired me. I’m right now sitting on the porch in a sarong and cotton wifebeater to better fit in with my local brothers. I’ve taught the help how to make decent mohitos - just me to take care of - so I told her to refresh the drinks every 45min without fail. Hoping to get the last bits of Underbelly 2 downloaded. “Show me you’re not another Kiwi wanker”.

:laughing:

HG

Cool. That’s a classic. No monkeys in the house so we can add proper heat.

Savoury mince on toast.
Pie 'n chips.
Sausage, mash 'n mushy peas.
A big slab of steak with no trimmings.
Fishcakes and tomato salad.
Omelette.

I’m sure you don’t need a recipe for THOSE. :smiley:

HG[/quote]

You told him to make a guacamole sandwich? :astonished:

The only decent choice is Chili:
Ground beef
Tomato paste
Kidney beans(pinto can be used in a pinch)
pepper
onion
green pepper
chili powder(I prefer flakes)
Cumin

No one to complain about your gassy emissions in bed either, the best part. :smiley: :whistle:

I used to do a baked potato with broccoli, a bit of butter and Lawry’s salt on top of each. Heaven.

I also second the chili recommendation. Fart to your heart’s content.

My uncle makes an outstanding dish called “queso.” It’s Velveeta cheese, refried beans, celery, onion (he uses three kinds), grated carrot, green chili, olives, and a hot salsa, all tossed into a slow cooker. Add a big bag of chips and a sixer of beer, and you’ve got a sports-watching meal fit for a king and his cohorts!

Thanks! I think I see the menu for the week coming into place.

Oh the freedom of farting and burping at will, not that I ever had to hold back - I mean see, Taiwanese culture is great.

MAN FOOD = STEAK SANDWICH

Baguette, bagel or kaiser roll

Melt mature cheddar on it in a grill oven

Sirloin or rib steak, cooked medium rare, rested, and then sliced moderately thin. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and sea salt.

Onions and garlic fried in olive oil until caramellized

Thinly sliced mushrooms fried in butter

Put it all together, and accompany it with a good ale or robust red wine.

Now that is Man Food!!!

Roughly chop an onion of any size. Cut up a carrot and a stalk of celery.

Place in the bottom of a stock pot, along with a bottle of lager.

Add a kielbasa (you can slice it up if you want to get fancy).

Pour in two cans of white navy beans.

Bring it just to a boil, then simmer [strike]for 20 minutes. Hint: you probably still have leftover bottles of lager. :wink:[/strike] while you drink two beers.

Add salt and pepper to taste. Crack open another bottle or two of that lager and slice up some good bread. :thumbsup:

Also passes the true test of manfood: it’s better on day 2.

Fuck that navy gayboy bullshit! Keelbasa? Can’t even spell it. STEAK SANDWICH, I SAID!!!

Find a local brothel. You get the picture.
(headed toward a flame - I just KNOW it)

I think, maybe, just MAYBE, I have just violated my NY resolution.

Viloating a NY resolution on January 4th? That’s not a record, but it’s still respectable!!

[quote=“BigJohn”]

Now that is Man Food!!![/quote]
I have a link to a website called “Manfood” if anyone’s interested.