I want to live in Taiwan but worried about China

No. I don’t hate all PRC nationals. I do hate the ones who believe in invading my country and taking my way of life.

I was born a free man after the martial law lifted. I am determined to live as a free man. I will not let anyone take away that. I will fight for it if I have to. I do not accept anything less. This I think you can at least understand.

4 Likes

It exists but people are free to engage with that or not. Lots choose not to and see beyond that.

1 Like

Sure and I respect that you would fight for it. You are probably the only person I’ve ever talked to in these threads on this issue that would be willing to risk their own safety or well being and respect that.

You can understand why I have less respect for people in DC think tanks that will never see a second of the war they’re calling for, and won’t pay a dime to finance it yet scream for it right? Or expats hollering about a military conflict when they’re 50 plus years old and it won’t involve them…ask them if they’ll send their kids to fight.

I don’t want to see you and the other TW people in my community I care about in a military conflict that can be solved by other means.

gonna have to disagree with you again on that mate. seeing past their prejudice is not a Taiwanese strong point.

2 Likes

I too am worried that Trump will take over my cuntree and make it better

1 Like

Whatever your opinion of China or its relationship to Taiwan, a naval invasion would not be nearly as easy as some might think.

If anyone thinks the KMT chose Taiwan only because it was close, and therefore geographically handy, then you are wrong. A big reason Taiwan was chosen was because it can be defended effectively by a small force against a much larger one.

In my opinion the idea that defending the island against China is impossible only weakens Taiwan and Taiwanese people.

2 Likes

you are talking on lots of Taiwanese that don’t have prejudice to Mainland Chinese or SEA.

@BHL4life is talking about lots of Taiwanese that have prejudice toward them.

It is not mutually exclusive. Both exist.

people you know are surprisingly biased.

Types of people you know are surprisingly biased.

Does this make a sense?

I think that would be quite the opposite. Those people sound very unbiased.

you don’t know any taiwanese who don’t like mainland Chinese or SEA coming here?

Eta

now I understand what you mean, and edited my previous post.

That’s not what I said. I was saying that it appeared you read his statement opposite of what he said.

1 Like

Tainan has one solid Korean restaurant on Linsen Road, called Mr. Park. One of the better restaurants in the city, and inexpensive.

@Andrew0409 this was supposed to be for you. My reply skills are really not on point today.

1 Like

@Podone2, how will you do?

There’s a lot of Koreans living and working in Taiwan. Taiwanese people general have positive opinions of Koreans. And you’ll find Korean pop culture to be very popular. There is some dislike for Koreans business competition wise but nothing personal. There are a few good Korean restaurants in Taipei ran by Koreans but a lot of pretty awful ones that cater to local tastes.

My mom is korean and has been in Taiwan for at least 2 decades in total moving away and back.

1 Like

I do remember there being anti-Korean sentiment for a few weeks after the taekwondo sock incident. Fortunately, love of Korean dramas and Kpop conquers all :two_hearts:

1 Like

How does that make Chinese not welcome in Taiwan?

A more valid method might be to find a Chinese person who has lived in Taiwan for some time and ask them if they feel welcomed in Taiwan.

1 Like

Not true and I’ve lived here for close to two decades .
There are very big differences in how foreigners are treated by ethnicity, looks and background here .

Just look at how workers from SEA are treated as standard not even being included in the labour law.

Then the average treatment of caregivers is poor most not being given time off according to the existing weak regulations.

1 Like

I don’t care if they invade anymore , I’m old , I’d prefer to get hit square on with a missile than die of cancer

3 Likes

I prefer cancer than missile.

1 Like

interesting point. as a tourist, not that welcome. as someone living here for a long time… most likely they are more welcome that us lao wais.

2 Likes

Yeah, at least you have a fighting chance against cancer…