I want to live in Taiwan but worried about China

I am young…I want to live more…that’s why I ask this question…

You’ll be fine in Taiwan.

I’m pretty sure there’s not much chance of being hit square on by a missile. It’s more likely you’ll be buried in rubble or something.

1 Like

Massive difference between treatment of male and female immigrants of all backgrounds.

Male immigrants not really that welcome in reality, unless you are playing pride of Taiwan line…

More than 90 per cent of immigrants are female.

I think more than 70 per cent are females from Vietnam…Something like that.

I have posted the official stats in another thread.
Numbers speak…

Then you’ll get some wafflers saying they saw loads of white foreigners in 101 food court or something. :grin:

2 Likes

From a geopolitical perspective, Taiwan is much safer than South Korea.

From a traffic perspective, well… :oncoming_automobile: :red_car:

6 Likes

Missile is speedily seconds while cancer could painfully take months or years.

1 Like

The general population has warmed to Korea, especially young people. The same can be said for Taiwanese people’s views on the Japanese. Some of the older generation still hold negative views, but it’s usually easy to ignore them.

You’ll be ok. It doesn’t exactly feel good living in the shadow of China’s boot, but it’s very unlikely to come down without warning, and probably not anytime soon.

He did say “die” not get and go into remission.

There are most probably lots of spies around like Hk.

Probably. My local friend’s grandpa actually came over as a spy several decades ago.

Missile means there may be more casualties around me.

1 Like

But you die faster than cancer!

If lucky enough.

This is getting to be a rather morbid thread.

Suffice it to say no method of dying is particularly pleasant…except maybe quietly passing away in your sleep, I bet that’s not too bad.

Actually almost all dying is most likely pleasant.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/health/dying-happier-experience-pleasant-fear-of-death-palliative-final-scientists-north-carolina-kurt-gray-a7776506.html%3Famp

Plus your body releases all the cool chemicals as you approach death.

Thinking about it now is probably much worse than the real thing. Cheer up.

You have to die to live.

Or “you’ve never lived till you died.”

I actually came close to drowning twenty or so years ago, close enough that it seemed like all I had to do was relax and everything would be just fine. It was very peaceful. Too peaceful, in fact it was just too easy, and it’s what caused me to hang on. (I was pinned underneath a whitewater raft but fought my way out)

3 Likes

last time I was in hospital on life support there were people dropping off left right and centre.
BTW sorry to start off a cynical side post about which is worse death by missile or cancer…And to the opening poster take a few risks you’re meant to be young and wild. Taipei has less stabbings than Londinistan at present, so I’d say it’s pretty safe! Watch out for the infamous Taiwan Hornets if you go hiking though.

Perhaps we are the most qualified on this subject,:face_with_thermometer: my friend

After we die we will still be on the planet but in another form so we don’t ever leave EARTH.