I want to live in Taiwan but worried about China

So you practice Vodun?

A very interesting and practical religion IMO.

Some qualifications, indeed

1 Like

Yea I think overall youā€™d nearly need a case by case analysis. (Apart from tour groups)

Have you heard of the infamous Atayal tour group who came over without any visas from the mainland on paddly boats and just decided to stay. WTF!!!

1 Like

Which is totally justified considering how hostile China is. Do you expect people to like China and Chinese people when all they do is being a cunt to us?

Because Beijing isnā€™t a cool destination, not for Taiwanese ppl at least. Itā€™s that simple. If you had gone to Moldova with your gf her pictures wouldā€™ve been ignored as well. If you had gone to Tibet her pictures wouldā€™ve had a ton of likes.

3 Likes

Koreaā€™s traffic-related death rate is almost the same as Taiwanā€™s.

That also works in reverse too Iā€™ve noticed. I post pics of Taiwan, a few likes. I post pics of Tokyo or Seoul, tons of likes because itā€™s a ā€˜coolā€™ destination.

Their loss. Come to think of it, Iā€™m glad Taiwanā€™s not cool. Otherwise we will be overrun with annoying tourists

1 Like

By whom?

The people on my fb Instagram back home
I travel quite a bit, met many backpackers and travellers, and nobody ever had Taiwan on their bucket list.

That is more to do with the poor promotion of Taiwanā€™s travel industry vs the other countries being more cool. Although Japan does have anime to being in weebs and Korea has kpop and Taiwan has none of those draws

Massive cunts at times. Itā€™s quite frustrating. I was in malaysia looking at possibly buying one of those japanese massage chairs. The sales lady, from China, had to insist Taiwan is part of China and that we are countrymen and woman instead of focusing on selling me the massage chair.

1 Like

thanks for proving my point.

Of course you wouldnā€™t get it. You are from a bully, not a bullied.

i get it, i have lived here for years and i side with taiwanese. but imo taiwanese peoples reason for looking down on chinese is less about politics and more about insecurity.

taiwanese like to point out how chinese people are rude and less cultured and uncouth compared to taiwanese. taiwanese people are happy to hear that i would rather live in taiwan than china(even though their favorite question is still when will i go back home). seems kind of childish.

the attitude is not as focused on politics IMO as you are making it out to be. i wish taiwanese would be more focused on being more anti chinese politically. if this country goes under mainland control we know its going to be a result of being sold out by korea fish or some bullshit like that as a result of people not being vigilante enough.

1 Like

also earthquakes

Perhaps itā€™s not so night and day like some Taiwanese people would like to believe. I do encounter behaviors I would criticize Chinese mainlanders for in Taiwan.

However thereā€™s enough of a difference that I suspect you took into consideration on not living in China besides the politics of the CCP. It was a daily struggle living in China even as a ā€œChineseā€ person in China. I have zero trust in people there and assume they will fuck me over when the opportunity comes. Like my bike stolen the first week there or the can driver who gave me fake money back as change when I was too drunk to care to check.

Taiwan has natural scenery!

Corruption at all levels of society and government reeks to high heaven!

How are you supposed to live when you have no black or printed or fake money to pay your bribes???

iā€™ve lived there, iā€™ve lived with and worked for chinese people so i know exactly how they can be. they deserve a lot of the flack they get. as i said, i just think much of taiwanese peoples attitude stems from insecurity. some of it is also a bit of a pot calling the kettle black situation, which helps nobody.

1 Like

That it does. But it seems to not sell to international tourists who are looking for something different. And thatā€™s all right with me.

Yea, some of it is prejudice, but in fairness the prejudice is often abstract and dropped when actual people are encountered.

On a side note,
I came through the visa on arrival channel in Bangkok last week, mostly Chinese and Indians, funny thing was all the que skipping and pushing was by Indians

To the OP Iā€™d say if you want to be worried about China -but not to have to deal with actual problems- then yea, Taiwan is perfect. If you need actual real problems with your choice of place to live then well, try somewhere else

2 Likes

Thatā€™s hilarious. Indians can also behave pretty inappropriately when abroad.

1 Like