I Was Accosted By Cops

Perhaps on topic…Found this YouTube channel which brakes down police traffic stops compared with state law. Very interesting and relevant to consider if one day you have an interaction with the police like the OP. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-0YpRpqgA5lPTpSQ5uo-Q

Taiwan’s health ministry is extending a ban on smoking to include 160 outdoor spaces, in an effort to reduce harm from second-hand smoke.

How they censored the cigarette being held in hand in the thumbnail of the video. :joy:

3 Likes

Protecting readers from third-hand digital smoke? :thinking:

I notice red painted lines in a big box around Taichung MRT stations that say no smoking. They are right beside the sidewalk.

So does that mean smoking is okay on the sidewalk on the outside of the red line…

I have no idea how this new smoking system works. But if we follow Japan, watch out smokers! No more smoking in random spots outside in the city, or while strolling along sidewalks—smoking in Tokyo is only permitted outdoors in selected designated Smoker Zones where Japan’s formerly all-powerful smokers huddle together to smoke in shame.

Guy

1 Like

This feels very familiar.

I take it Tokyo is no longer on your bucket list?

Guy

So let me get this straight, their way to ‘ban’ smoking is to put up some cute little stickers?

I’m all for banning smoking outside of shop fronts, but we are on to the same problem of half arsing the enforcement again and again.

step 1. put up some sad little stickers
step 2. send 3 cops to arrest 1 wai guo ren while ignoring ever other mother F’er smoking.

What kind of demented useless country do i live in.

1 Like

Before long everything will be banned, or at least ban mulling, but is anything really banned when there is a banning of ban enforcers???

Just glad I don’t smoke anymore or my phone memory would be full of me smoking in front of banned cigs signs.

1 Like