I went to McDonald's and I'm a bit traumatized

I would love to try a New York cheesecake toasties muffin. That’s like three of my favourite things in one!

Folks I know think that McDonald’s is worse here than back in some countries Europe e.g Big Mac and Chicken Burger , also possibly because portions are smaller.
It’s a lot cheaper here in Taiwan, though they got smart how they chopped up the menu now into individual items. Irony is those folks could do with the smaller portions of Taiwan.

Oops, sorry I omitted the commas to be more efficient when typing. The three merger together would be yummylicious McDonald’s Michelin Star food!

Hk’s portions are big but very cheap prices!

They even give me free fresh cream for New York cheesecake!

it can also depend from one branch to the other, like I know one branch of kfc in the area, and it is nasty as hell, another branch and it is really good.

Oh God …friend sent me this from today …sigh

2 Likes

Hk’s McDonald’s serve burgers that are stacked 4/5 inches in height with beef, eggs, fish, chicken and you name it!

How I miss my In-N-Out Burger :drooling_face:

This guy was certainly traumatized after his daughters secret visit to McDonalds. I’m traumatized that someone, somewhere (Taiwan) sat down and thought this up as good advertising.

https://youtu.be/wmMcPErSkvY

Reflecting on all the burger chains I’ve been to in my life, here’s how I’d rank them…

1. In-N-Out
  2. Shake Shack
  3. Whataburger
  4. Five Guys
  5. Sonic
  6. Fuddrucker’s
  7. Wendy’s
  8. Burger King
  9. White Castle
  10. Checkers/ Rally’s
  11. Steak n’ Shake
  12. McDonald’s
  13. Jack-In-The-Box (the absolute worst… is it even still business?)

Of course most of those places don’t exist in Taiwan. Even Burger King seems to only be at Taoyuan airport these days. So McDonald’s it is! Thankfully, the McD’s is better quality here than in the states.

1 Like

Sonic is among my favorites. It’s even better if you bring a dog.

I watched it and now I’m traumatized.

1 Like

I do feel there’s something the McDonald’s here that’s missing, which I can’t quite put my finger on.

I much prefer Hungry Jacks (Burger King) back home though, since they made a bit of an effort to differentiate themselves from Maccas a few years ago. Much better selection of better tasting burgers, and I prefer how they do the chips too. But I haven’t had it here or anywhere else to compare.

Maybe it’s because they don’t stick the burgers in a big bowl of sick baby shit-green soup???

Just spitballin.

That probably wouldn’t be half bad if the green stuff was guacamole.

You mean it’s not? What am I looking at?

You’re better off in your innocence, trust me.

I’ve heard some (both expats and Taiwanese) claim burgers like the Big Mac are smaller here than at western outlets.

There was something very wrong with the one filet-o-fish I had here. I’ll have to try another one.

1 Like