I would very much like an alternative forum that was much more heavily regulated

I think I have not gotten your point, but I thought the bear’s we is this forum.

Well, to objectively be a sad wanker, you would have to be sad and doing that.

Bear can say “we”, but he does not have the final word of defining this forum. I believe welcome simply does not want to be included in that particular definition! Enough said, they can say more if they like :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yesh. My point, I think, is that we are in danger of being seen in that way, if all we do is argue endlessly about snowflakes and MSM and cancel culture and all that sort of stuff. The fact that the poster in question decided to enter this thread, way down the line, by summarizing the original post as being representative of liberals who “aren’t happy unless everyone around them conforms precisely to their world views” is pretty sad. The OP himself had made it clear that wasn’t his point at all. As I’ve already stated twice this is the most interesting thread we’ve had in a long time. All the people jumping in a day late and a dollar short to attack the post that kicked it all off are really letting themselves down.

5 Likes

I checked my stats. 156 topics created. It’s not a strong stat is it in 20 years?

That’s less than 8 per year. Rookies numbers. Pump up those stats

1 Like

Start a new one: ‘Jacinda won’!

1 Like

Everyone isn’t like you, who sets their alarm clock so that they can make sure they make a post every 10 minutes.

1 Like

I know how much you follow my posts. It’s flattering and I want to make sure you have enough.

1 Like

On it!

The problem is the urge to link the win to world politics is so strong. And then the US will rear its ugly head…

1 Like

Or the UK?

Yeah, them too. Everywhere with moronic male leaders really… :rofl:

Not too shabby actually. You got me beat.

Well it’s different posting styles I guess. Let me check @Andrew0409’s stat…

…536. Not so stellar. I guess @tando has to be the leader…but her profile is hidden. @tango42 1.4k, that’s getting up there. @Icon…only 800.

1 Like

No, I’m pretty sure @tango42 is the leader. Anyway, nothing wrong with being a man of few but carefully chosen words.

My style is starting topics, commenting on topics, but not getting into deep discussions.

At least I’m still under 100 with no replies :whistle:

2 Likes

IP is a sandbox, people who want to test an opinion they might say publicly or to friends and can see if it flies or is shot down in flames.

There is an element of bickering, but generally it’s as above and it’s kind of rare these days to have people from either end of the spectrum exchanging ideas and it is mostly polite.

6 Likes

I’ve only created 49 topics, but obviously mine were all outstanding.

The disincentive for me about starting new topics is I keep getting notifications about replies and posters seem to think I’m responsible for everything that’s posted in the thread. It’s more hassle than it’s worth, so I do it sparingly. Rest assured that when the Dickus creates a new topic it’s something worth looking at.

4 Likes

We’ll get to zero someday @tango42!

Someday!

5 Likes

sadly, I’ve not read any of yours, or my memory is falling.

1 Like

Are you enjoying his posts ?

1 Like