Ice breaker on MRT

Personally, I wouldn’t call such a guy (and haven’t when it’s happened) not because I’m creeped out but rather because they’re effectively shunting the discomfort and awkwardness of a first encounter onto me. They don’t have to do any of the hard work because I would be forced to call them and say “Uh…you gave me your number on the MRT?” I like a person (boy or girl) who can make some effort, and so I just can’t dig that. Plus, why would I call a random stranger? Looks alone aren’t enough - I’d have to be in the mood to be charmed, and then also meet someone charming. Best leave it alone.

1 Like

I dunno. Depends on the stranger. Personally, if a hottie slipped me her number I would feel complimented. Of course I wouldn’t call her, 'cos I’m married. If I were single, I probably would. :smiley:

Personally, I wouldn’t call such a guy (and haven’t when it’s happened) not because I’m creeped out but rather because they’re effectively shunting the discomfort and awkwardness of a first encounter onto me. They don’t have to do any of the hard work because I would be forced to call them and say “Uh…you gave me your number on the MRT?” I like a person (boy or girl) who can make some effort, and so I just can’t dig that. Plus, why would I call a random stranger? Looks alone aren’t enough - I’d have to be in the mood to be charmed, and then also meet someone charming. Best leave it alone.[/quote]

Yep, this should be added to the “What Makes Guys Tick?” threads. I fully agree with your sentiments and if I was a women I would probably feel the same way as you.
HOWEVER, as a guy… :smiling_imp:
Well, if she’s a hottie, I would probably have been thinking I’d hit that! anyway. So if she slipped me her number I reckon I’d call. If she were a hottie I reckon Quentin would call, too. :wink:

To go back a few pages: DO NOT use the ‘Can I be your friend’ line. It’s creepy, honestly. Some guy walks up to you that you don’t know and that doesn’t know you and wants to be ‘friends’? Wtf? And this is not a western-woman thing, I’ve never met a TW girl that wasn’t creeped out by this approach. Do not use that line.

That being said, I met a guy just outside the MRT once. Was sitting there waiting for a friend when guy walked into the MRT. He was good-looking, so I threw a look at him. He looked back. I looked again and smiled, he did the same. After another look & smile he disappeared into the station, only to come back after a minute or so to chat for a bit and exchange phone numbers.

Back to smiling…one experience…back some time ago, not MRT, but on a bus, from Gongguan on Xinshen S. Rd. The bus was very crowded. Very nice looking girl, very cute, smilded at me. I smiled back. Then looked to somewhere else. Then looked back at her, she was smiling again. I smiled back. And this happened once more. Then I went of the bus, because reached my destination…

Told that a friend, he said I should have given her my card and phone number. (I did not gave her anything, no number or card). And he was right. If someone is smiling more than once…

This can happen, but not very often, sometimes and why not trying to get in contact?

Back at that time I did nothing because had a gf. But now I am thinking, why I did not ask her for her phone number? The gf of that time is long gone, but I still remember the bus and of course the girl…

[quote=“Madcow”]Back to smiling…one experience…back some time ago, not MRT, but on a bus, from Gongguan on Xinsheng S. Rd. The bus was very crowded. Very nice looking girl, very cute, smilded at me. I smiled back. Then looked to somewhere else. Then looked back at her, she was smiling again. I smiled back. And this happened once more. Then I went of the bus, because reached my destination…

Told that a friend, he said I should have given her my card and phone number. (I did not gave her anything, no number or card). And he was right. If someone is smiling more than once…

This can happen, but not very often, sometimes and why not trying to get in contact?

Back at that time I did nothing because had a gf. But now I am thinking, why I did not ask her for her phone number? The gf of that time is long gone, but I still remember the bus and of course the girl…[/quote]

i know what you mean by the missed opportunity in deference to a previously existing Gf, and then not being with the Gf anymore and thinking back “what if” I know iv wasted a few of those opportunities (could certainly have changed my life)

so has anyone ever “scored” on the MRT these days?

I scored my name into a bench once with a compass :idunno:

Those BBC videos are crap, anyway. Any guy who has to use them for advice wouldn’t be able to pull a girl with a hundred dollar bill in the middle of whorehouse, to use an old southern expression phrase.

Yes, it’s 2:30 in the morning and I’m chatting on Forumosa. It’s pissing down rain in Tainan right now. I don’t dare go out. I could break my leg slipping off my scooter into the gutter.

[quote=“Quentin”]Those BBC videos are crap, anyway. Any guy who has to use them for advice wouldn’t be able to pull a girl with a hundred dollar bill in the middle of whorehouse, to use an old southern expression phrase.

Yes, it’s 2:30 in the morning and I’m chatting on Forumosa. It’s pissing down rain in Tainan right now. I don’t dare go out. [color=red]I could break my leg slipping off my scooter into the gutter.[/color][/quote]

Doesn’t that happen at 2:30 in the morning anyway? :wink:

bring a map, ask directions, go down the same station with your prospect… ask her if this is the station to (think of something that is near that station) and then ask her which way to go … act helpless… she might even accompany you if shes going the same way…

And if time comes and she asked how long you have lived in taiwan. Tell the truth and tell her that you just asked those queries to be able to talk to her… work wonders for me. it might for you

i know i know … its not on the mrt … but it started on the mrt …

This is late in coming, but I feel I must reply. OP, do not listen to SuchAFob and the other naysayers. They’re just trying to keep you from hooking up with those incredibly hot girls on the MRT who in reality are desperate for sweaty, hairy, non-Chinese speaking foreigners to corner then on a train and ask to be their friends.

And if you ever, EVER see a smallish foreign girl on the MRT wearing Ipod earphones, reading a book, and pretending to be ignore your devilishly handsome smiles, immediately approach her and ask if she’d fancy a cup of joe or perhaps a shag…she’ll appreciate it.

hahaah. Man, IM 6500 miles away from the MRT but makes me want to ride it NOW !! For all the "hot " chicks ya??? :slight_smile:

Righty righty…!! Off the topic there, my friend!! Because the topic is Ice breaker on MRT, where I’m so incredibly sure that, in this context, ice breaker stands for a verbal approach while residing on (i.e. inside) the train carriage. :smiley:

Nah… just kidding ya.

But besides that, SuchAFob should know… she’s extremely approach-worthy. :smiley:

Well thanks for the suggestions…Still I got no balls to talk to them on the MRT, I mean Taiwanese women seem so cold and I get a vibe many of them don’t like foreigners…Maybe I’m missing something

Taiwanese women are generally far from cold. Its just the MRT face they put on. To keep things real.

yes you are missing something, missing a lot.

I was joking in my earlier post, but seriously, it’s obvious that a subway is not the best place to meet new people. One poster in this thread said he did meet a girl on the subway who later became a girlfriend. Great. I’m sure there is someone somewhere who met the girl of his dreams in a bloody elevator, but that doesn’t mean elevators are the ideal place to ask girls out.

Don’t get down on yourself if girls are being cold to you on the subway. That’s to be expected.

That’s right. Exactly right. The subway is not a good place to meet girls. I mean, you can’t even see how hot they are, under all those clothes!

On the beaches, that’s the best place to meet a girl. They are all 1/90th naked, in teensy little bikinis, so you know exactly what they are going to look in bed. North America girls are super-easy, not like stuck-up conservative Taiwanese girls. Go to a beach, see a girl with a pleasing naked shape, and walk up to her, and say, “Hey, I’ve got some pot in my apartment” - that is the code phrase. She’ll join you immediately, as long as you are not too ugly.

Trust me on this. If only Taiwanese girls were so easy!

Quentin,

I’ve got a good idea for your next vacation. Can you guess what it is?

Gao

Here’s a story told to me (and I believe it) by an American white guy who was in Taiwan maybe ten years ago, I guess. He said that one day he was sitting on the bus late at night and he saw this hot girl. So he–and here I should perhaps explain why I believe his story. Have you ever heard of sexual addiction? Compulsive behavior that gets you into trouble with the Mrs., the neighbors, the police, causes the hands to chafe and the dogs to growl at you? Well, this guy probably had that. He had all these stories about the women he had in Taiwan, Japan, and Korea. I guess we all know somebody like that. Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, he was sitting on the bus watching this good-looking woman, so he whipped out his dick and started masturbating. Suddenly he felt self-conscious ("My God, what am I doing?) and got off the bus.

She followed him.

So, perhaps what worked for him, will work for you too. Have at it, ye wankers!