Ice breaker on MRT

[quote=“Jaboney”]
I get approached fairly regularly in the MRT. Done right, it’s flattering. Done wrong… too eagerly… it’s creepy.
Of course, I’m 6’2" and pushing 200 lbs, so I’m not often intimidated by those approaching me.[/quote]

Run that one by me again, mate. Most women here push 100 lbs and are 5’+ a little bit - how can they be a threat to anyone?

1 Like

[quote=“Jaboney”][quote=“Truant”]Call me an old fart or something, but I believe any contact in such a manner as you describe would be based 100% on the physical - and if you think about it, she will also realise this.

The bottom line is it’s pretty shallow and any good women will feel that she is not respected for anything other than her looks, and it will only go downhill from there.[/quote]Bah, humbug.

[quote=“The Odds”]The love of minds lasts for longer than a life time/
The love of bodies takes you there.[/quote][/quote]
I guess I should clarify. I agree that there is nothing wrong with approaching someone due to physical attraction in the right situation - I just don’t believe the MRT to be that right situation.

I see you’re applying Taiwanese drift-net fishing techniques to the world of romance. Be sure to release the undersized ones. :slight_smile:[/quote]

HAHA how DID you know?

Actually im quite a “poor fisherman” Instead i prefer to sit in cafes and just let the ones who like me approach me.

no hard work, no hassle !! I mean they already LIKE you at that point? :slight_smile:

but Man have I been tempted many a times, to go up there and make an attempt (and i have done that too and been shot down many a times AND been successful in a few too).

[quote=“Mr He”][quote=“Jaboney”]
I get approached fairly regularly in the MRT. Done right, it’s flattering. Done wrong… too eagerly… it’s creepy.
Of course, I’m 6’2" and pushing 200 lbs, so I’m not often intimidated by those approaching me.[/quote]

Run that one by me again, mate. Most women here push 100 lbs and are 5’+ a little bit - how can they be a threat to anyone?[/quote]I was thinking in terms of turnabout and recognizing the limits of my analogy.
Were I 100 lbs and 5’ nothing, being approached might easily be intimidating. As it is, I can be flattered, or creeped out, without much worry.

IC, they are small and cute, so no matter what weirdness they spout in order to get contact, they don’t appear creepy to me.

Now, if it was a 200lbs 6,3’ woman, who said something weird to me, I would be spooked as well.

In your extremely chauvinistic thinking I must be a cold hearted bitch.[/quote]

:laughing: no I’d wonder how creepy I must have been!

and far from being chauvinistic, in the opposite example, if the girl gives the guy a great smile and he didn’t smile back I’d view him as a mean hearted prick.

But please tell me dear SAF, 9/10 which scenario is the more likely one :sunglasses:

How about…

‘Hi, Im claustrophobic and hypoglycemic. How about you get me off this train and buy me a coffee?’

Worked for me.

I have a couple of puppies at home and if you stroke them they stand up :wink:

She’ll be yours in no time

In your extremely chauvinistic thinking I must be a cold hearted bitch.[/quote]

:laughing: no I’d wonder how creepy I must have been!

and far from being chauvinistic, in the opposite example, if the girl gives the guy a great smile and he didn’t smile back I’d view him as a mean hearted prick.

But please tell me dear SAF, 9/10 which scenario is the more likely one :sunglasses:[/quote]

I just don’t get how it would make anyone’s day. I mean you are on the MRT minding your own business, trying to get home. How does this equate to a request to have people picking up on you? Male or female?
Men are more likely to be flattered because they don’t get pick up efforts as often. But seriously, why should any woman be flattered or have her day made by some person she doesn’t know from Adam trying to pick up on her while she is riding the train? I seriously do not get the logic of how this situation would be a “make her day” type situation…
Especially when you account for the fact that the woman that a man is likely to try to pick up on randomly on the MRT is not a woman who rarely has people try to pick up on her. If she is the type of woman who men who only need physical attraction to have interest will try to pick up on then it can be assumed that she has to deal with this annoyance regularly and “making her day” it would not be. More likely it would be a “Oh god why can’t these people fuck off and let me ride the train in peace.”
Maybe the reason that many men can’t get this idea is that they don’t have it occur regularly. Then again, I have never heard a woman cat call a man walking down the street. This may be another example of how what men want to do and what women wish to have done to them not adding up.

But what if asking you about money is their ice breaker?

Or maybe they forgot to bring money and don’t have enough to buy an MRT ticket?

‘:p’

Seriously, it all depends on body language. If you see someone who looks like she doesn’t want to be bothered, don’t bother her.

May I suggest - videojug.com/film/how-to-cha … us-or-tube - some invaluable tips there, although this version is localised for the UK I’m sure it can easily be tweaked to fit the Taiwanese public transport system

pretty cool and pretty correct. they shouldve used a better model tho. that “girl” looks like a bloke

Oh, I see, you’ve never been to the UK then I presume?
That’s a pretty normal looking girl there :wink:

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Oh, I see, you’ve never been to the UK then I presume?
That’s a pretty normal looking girl there :wink:[/quote]

haha i have been to the uk but only short trips and i did see some hotties !!

but i do think that taiwan has more hotties per hundred then most places

higher cutie to plain jane ratio

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“TheLostSwede”]Oh, I see, you’ve never been to the UK then I presume?
That’s a pretty normal looking girl there :wink:[/quote]

haha i have been to the uk but only short trips and i did see some hotties !![/quote]

They were most likely Australian girls on a working vacation.

[quote=“tommy525”]
but i do think that taiwan has more hotties per hundred then most places

higher cutie to plain jane ratio[/quote]

Yep…and I think its simply because there are less fatties here. An ordinary girl here can become much hotter just because of a tight bod. At the same time, plently of Aus. girls would be considered very beautiful if they simply lost weight.

It seems, the lesson to be learned here is never to approach any girl that is even vaguely good-looking, for fear of her pulling out a nightstick(literal or metaphorical) from her purse and demolishing your sorry ass/ego with it.

Yep. Yep.

No the trick is, to just to learn to deal with it. Some chicks just won’t like you.

I’ve been rejected 100’s of times, but nevermind. Its their lack of judgement and their loss :smiley:

Thats the attitude I take and it gives me a thick skin.

Ahh… the delusions of grandeur method. I use it to my benefit as well. As a matter of fact, my inner-voice of grandeur is Jimmy Stewart… Now, now… look here, you can say no, but you gotta understaaand… this is your loss!

Well apart from the fact that I “zoned out” during the middle portion of the clip I guess it isn’t too bad. I liked the, “How do I get to Victoria?” question and then slipping her your cel number/e-mail when you leave… Might work.

I don’t think that’s the best of ideas. I’m a guy and I would feel a little creeped out if some random stranger slipped my her phone number, without even bothering to talk to me. I can imagine girls would be even more creeped out by some random guy slipping her his number. You’ve got to at least have a bit of conversation first to let the other person get to be comfortable with and interested in you.