Ideas for a 'foreign' staycation and/or adventure in Taiwan?

Problem with heavy motorcycles in Taiwan- once you’ve made the round trip to Kenting or Taitung a couple of times, where do you go? I swear I’ve seen the same guys riding down from Taipei every Saturday cruising the streets.

1 Like

There are a few good routes on the island. I figure you could make 5-10 trips before you get bored if you like the scenery. Put 2-3 weeks between each and double that in the summer due to the rain, and by the time you cycle (hehe) back to the first route, its nearly new again.

Years of fun!

1 Like

Theres tonnes of great mountain rides, I would never worry about that. Most are just weekend warriors.

1 Like

Just because it’s crazy doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it. :grin:

Definitely consider doing a 7-10 day trip. Don’t be crazy and do it in 5-6 days like some crazies.

Don’t necessarily have to be dawn rides, but exploring and seeing the country on two wheels is something I feel everyone should do.

6 Likes

Xinshe Castle in Taichung County seems pretty foreign architecturally speaking

It could be worse. You could be stuck in Winnipeg!

Note: 1435 days left until I’m outta here and back to Taiwan.

7 Likes

Why the precision? Five year ban?

1 Like

Yeah seems oddly precise.

Pretty sure he’s the guy who hates his job but will get a full pension if he waits for a few more years instead of returning to Taiwan now

3 Likes

Pretty much. No ban. My pension is available in the May after I turn 50 (May 2024). And I have a countdown app on my phone.

6 Likes

GET ONE GET ONE GET ONE

you know you want it

1 Like

Yes!! Xiao Liuqiu is awesome. It’s like being in another country and it even has its own beer.

3 Likes

You could say he’s counting the days.

1 Like

Hope you have a good phone.

1 Like

Some of my favourite memories from Taiwan involve cycling around the island like a madman in the middle of summer getting drenched in sweat and drinking gallons of bottled cold green tea. For some reason, I can’t imagine it being as fun in any other season.

3 Likes

Shoe’s on the other foot here – I wish I were in Taiwan instead of here. Pandemic or not. Stuck or not.

4 Likes

I was about to say all suggestions are very nice except that it is Friggin Taiwan summer, unbearable from any angle. The only place you’d like to be is under the AC and in front of a fan.

2 Likes

Or at the beach.

1 Like

Go to the mountains and drop some acid. Nature is free.

3 Likes

The beach is HOT dude. But I will be hitting some beaches at some point.