If China decides to bomb Taiwan into submission, and you decide not to leave, where would you go?

If I cared about safety, I wouldn’t be in such places in the first place.

Thats the point, having bombs dropped on you is not safe .

By the way, how many countries has China bombed?

Mostly China just runs over kids with tanks. But they’re not categorically opposed to bombs…

http://www.bpnews.net/50195/china-bombs-megachurch-in-drive-to-silence-christianity

It takes a certain level of societal organization to make the rubble bounce in the more horrible parts of the world. China is still working on it.

1 Like

Thats feeble.

They’re working on it. Give them time.

The country known to “strategically strike targets of significance through missile and bomb strikes” is mostly the US.

1 Like

It’s called “a gallows sense of humor.” As part of an ethnic group who got kicked around through history or a person who has or have friends who have experienced uncomfortable situations be it illness, disability lifestyle choice or living in the absurd China/Tawan situation, it is a coping mechanism. Leave us this form. Don’t like it, change the channel.

USA of course!

1 Like

lol, you think the world would go to war for Taiwan?

They would sit back, watch China take over the island and strongly condemn the action.
Japan or S. Korea? Hell yes. Taiwan? Hell no.

1 Like

The TRA…That’s all we need.

You should read up the history of WWI.

1 Like

Had already left, but your comment brought me back. If it’s a gallows sense of humor fine, but I don’t know that’s the case with everyone here. Some of the people in this conversation may not even be in Taiwan. Others may be out on the next flight.

One more time: if the PRC takes Taiwan, then it could also threaten Japan and Korea.

1 Like

The envy of the world.

Several batteries, Patriot misiles and fixed units in Hualien and Taitung…and Xindian. :eek:

https://udn.com/news/story/10930/3837129

For me still, these are the coolest:

heli

1 Like

In Hualien and Taitung the low flying jet fighters over the downtown areas can remind one of the war threat on a nearly daily basis.
It’s loud.

2 Likes

veritably inigualable!

We’d be much better off here just joining the PRC. Accept the name they give us, and run a truly one country, two system government unlike the one in Hong Kong. Win-Win for everyone, but few are smart enough to see it.

Ya, the educators, police, military personnel, gov’t workers, university professors, bank workers, factory workers, etc., who would be replaced with party friendly citizens, are all a bunch of dummies…

3 Likes

Why would they be replaced if it were truly two system? Everything should be merit based, and that wouldn’t change.