If China decides to bomb Taiwan into submission, and you decide not to leave, where would you go?

Or they will bomb that place out of spite to complete their cultural revolution.

2 Likes

Camp out next to the Cti TV station!

1 Like

During our civil war the men in the family escaped and hid in the mountains. the women stayed behind with the kids and worked for teh big landowners and picke dfruit off trees when there was nothing else to eat.

There is always someone who is not affected by the war. there is always someone who profits from the war. If normally you cannot trust most peope, when teh stakes hit that level, it is real carnage.

1 Like

Gun control is in almost every country except for lawless countries. It is actually less strict in China not because of the penalties the law imposes, but because it isn’t enforced as much (you really can’t enforce it in certain areas especially if you have guanxi with the local government).

However Taiwan has that taken care of. Taiwan can have a T91 in every able bodied men’s hands within hours if needs be. Legally all Taiwanese male of military age are reserves.

4 Likes

On a serious note. The only reasonable thing to do is to get away as far as possible, preferably before it starts. And by that I mean leave Asia behind. No matter how much invested you are or you hope it will be over soon. Nobody knows how bad it can get. There is nothing worth it to endanger your life or that of your loved ones.

War is a terrible thing and brings out the worst in people.
Imagine those poor souls of Chinese soldiers who have been trained all their life to hate the enemy. Before they can step foot on the Island they will sustain heavy losses. It takes not much for them to kill a person and there will be no repercussions for anything they do in a combat zone. Anyone thinks a common Chinese soldier heard of the Geneva Convention? Or will care about civilian life?
Indiscriminate killings, rape, plundering, bombing. Nobody will be safe.

It is not worth taking the risk to hide out. If something goes badly there is nothing you can do as a civilian.
All the things can be replaced as long as you are safe.

3 Likes

Yeah but we have Taiwanese relations, not everybody can run away or wants to run away. My in laws ain’t going anywhere this is their home.

I’m staying with @Brianjones until it’s over :beer: the reality is that things may happen so fast … we are all just pawns in this game of chess

You bringing the beer? I’ll handle the cigars.

1 Like

The issue would be getting drunk and talking politics may irritate the in- laws after a bit :beers:

They don’t understand English they don’t care about drunk people either :joy:. They just care if you are hungry or not!

I just misread that as “prawns.” I must be getting hungry.

When I order prawns in Taiwan, they bring me a knife :blush:

someone posted this today… I am sure Taiwan has , at least , a defence of sorts.
Patriots? can’t tell.

Call it what they want, just do it looking at a mirror please. Im on the same boat as you with taiwan, but being a realist we need to realise its like this due to mass ignorance and laziness. The difference beteeen youngins now and a century ago is they actually tried then.

Taiwan is actually in a very good spot to become somethung of a world leader if they wanted. Its right here for the taking. Can point fingers at government and all that, which is partially true, but again: look in the mirrorb thats the biggest chance. All those corpirate leadrs, governments etc etc are all people who are making an effort to better their situation. The general pops’ acceptance and perpetuation of “them vs us so by proxy stop trying” attitude kind of slits their own throat.

Karma is a real eye opener sometimes.

Although not qirth worrying about, people should be prepared. Thats one thing universal in taiwan, expats and locals alike. No sense of the future and virtually no preparation. Earthquakes, typhoons, food and water contamination, intense heat, economics even war though down the list a bit…

What i find so funny is all these situations people are simply waiting/expecting other people to solve the problem. Often times they are expecting the same people to solve the problem as they are constantly complaining about how incompitent they are. This is essentially the definition of a moron. Its so mind numbingly painful to see people like this one must wonder if it goes beyond simple lack of thought and education and our lack of common sense and critical thinking is becomming genetic…?

Taiwan has many patriot missiles , you can even find them on Google maps supposedly .

As for the mobile launchers, might be patriot as well ?

We need big arsed long missiles as a deterrent…

I don’t buy into the ghost island bullshit.

This country has a massive tech industry and well plugged into the global economy.

They just need to get that get up and go spirit back again…Try NEW THINGS TAIWAN.

3 Likes

FIFY

1 Like

That’s quite a list.

1 Like

I’d probably be all over the place.

No true Scotsman wears underwear, but they don’t enforce that.

AquĂ­ afuera de los campos
Labro la tierra para alimentarme
Me rompo la espalda para ganarme la vida
No necisito pelear
Para demostrar que estoy en lo correcto
No necisito ser perdonado

2 Likes