If the CCP invades, will you fight?

Probably more for foreign residents. But, would you? I think I would.

2 Likes

With what? Does the military have enough equipment to arm a militia of any size? I doubt it.

5 Likes

That reply was quick.

1 Like

Maybe. Depends on Taiwanese response, both the government’s and the populace at large. I almost definitely won’t fight fight but it is very likely I will stay and try to contribute as much as I can.

Nope! I’d be trying to evacuate my family to the west. I’m no modern-day Hemingway in search of a glorious death, thanks.

7 Likes

Hemingway only wrote about glorious deaths.

5 Likes

He saw plenty of death as an ambulance driver in WW1 and in later conflicts as well. He was a thrill seeker in search of what he thought would be a meaningful death.

Hemingway’s 1918 wounding typifies his experiences in war . He visited five battlefronts in his life: the Italian-Austrian front in 1918; the Greco-Turkish War in 1922; the Spanish Civil War in 1937 and 1938; the Second Sino-Japanese War in 1941; and the Allied march through France in 1944.

His experiences helped inform some of his novels (eg: WW1 = A Farewell to Arms, Spanish Civil War = For Whom the Bell Tolls).

5 Likes

Fight with what?

3 Likes

baseball bats, kitchen knives, stinky tofu

1 Like

OK. Fuck it, let’s concede.

We tried.

1 Like

No one wants to concede, but not everyone has military training or experience. I recall you are an ex-marine? That’s great, but some of us would be more useful serving diarrhea inducing food.

2 Likes

I’m prepared to fight. No question.

7 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

They would cripple the telecom infrastructure taking out internet, phone etc… Electric and gas, water would be next followed by carpet or drone bombing and they wouldn’t need to put a foot on the ground.
Your pen knives would be useless.
I would be out as soon as there was any hint.

4 Likes

Hell no.
A country that won’t allow me to get a passport without renouncing my original? Or puts up regulatory blocks for foreigners at every step? Gonna put my ‘foreign’ passport to good use. I bet a lot of hyphenated Taiwanese- will do the same.

7 Likes

Here we see one of the biggest problems with gun control. No guns when you need them.

5 Likes

Let’s form a Forumosa militia so. First things first who is to lead us?

At the very least we can argue the Chinese to death. :hole:

7 Likes

I would, but my wife’s family is all… You better evacuate us all out of here is anything happens.
I said, let’s just wait and see. I’ll likely be too old by the time this imaginary, hypothetical, not going to happen situation comes up.
I’m thinking, maybe it’s easier if you tell Baba and others to stop voting KMT :rofl:

1 Like