If you could be a tree, any tree, what kind would you be? and why?

I think that I would be an oak or maybe a basswood/linden… or perhaps a willow but sometimes I would like to be a cypress.

2 Likes

and why?

I’d be a left-leaning red-black tree, because It’s left-leaning.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-leani … black_tree

Id be the Tree of Souls from Avatar, amidst the floating Hallelujah Mountains on top of a large unobtanium deposit near the Hometree of the Omaticaya clan. Just because I know that is Freds favorite movie.

No question at all, for me…Spoon tree… Why? Tom Thorne originally got me interested,however I am over the fixation now :popcorn:

1 Like

Yew. Awesome.

http://www.shee-eire.com/Herbs,Trees&Fungi/Trees/Yew/yew1.htm

Mr. Smith,having read,with interest your previous Ecology postings, I can’t help feeling there is going to be a “sting” in the tail coming…snigger :whistle: I will wait patiently :popcorn:

A Banyan or a Neem tree. I like WIllows, but they’re not me.

Why??? Both the Banyan and Neem trees are majestic.

I’d be an ent, or mayhaps a stomping willow.

a coconut palm. because then I’d be skinny and hang around the beach all year, in the sun.
and islander and south east asian women would drink the white juice from my nuts.

perhaps that’s NSFW.

1 Like

[quote=“urodacus”]a coconut palm. because then I’d be skinny and hang around the beach all year, in the sun.
and islander and south east Asian women would drink the white juice from my nuts.

perhaps that’s NSFW.[/quote]

And the SE Asian men would climb on your shaft and use a machete to hack your nuts open

Today, I think that I would like to be a spruce tree with fragrant green branches sheltering little animals like squirrels, chipmunks and nesting birds…

Fred I’d say you’re more like a Black Locust Tree: Children have suffered nausea, weakness and depression after chewing the bark and seeds.

Pachira aquatica.

Just because I’m angling for a laugh, I’d be a geoma tree.

Why would you want to “angle for” a laugh? and what is a geoma tree? Is that for real? Really?

Ahhh…cute. If I am right, you are being obtuse. Don’t be a square. Have a slice of Pi and you’ll be in the circle.

[quote=“urodacus”]a coconut palm. because then I’d be skinny and hang around the beach all year, in the sun.
and islander and south east Asian women would drink the white juice from my nuts.

perhaps that’s NSFW.[/quote]
You know those nuts get hacked??

That’s Ok, he’s my boyfriend.

Is that some sort of sign language that you are using? please let me know the parameters of the basis for your circular argument. This kind of syllogistic assurance seems desperately hypothetical to me.