iLearn.tw...Is this for real?

I wonder if “strait white men” is a reference to white men living in China and Taiwan. :thinking:

5 Likes

For just $5k, you can have an advertisement for a WHOLE YEAR in this conspiracy themed ELT magazine. Shall we put our $50s and $10s together and take out an ad? For Forumosa? A PSA for vaccines?

4 Likes

Only if it links to this thread :joy:

iLearn made the news. Still no new magazine, but he has a documented account of his dealings with his landlord. In fairness, that door was scary. It must be a conspiracy.

http://ilearn.tw/landlord/Landlord_Scam.html

How does he get away with this given Taiwan’s strict libel and insult laws?

Here’s a gem:

3 Likes

A bit disturbed. I would get kids out of there pronto.

Its people like him that make me think immigration is stupid :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. They need to sue him to oblivion.

So, somehow this place is still open, and their recruiting! Why not fill out the questionnaire to see if check all the right boxes.

Here’s two:
I believe the mainstream globular model and in gravity🌏
The president of Taiwan is a Lesbian or a hologram or both.

3 Likes

To think that parents pay for that.

I think my favorite thing about that “job application” might be the emojis that indicate which answers are the right ones :wink:. Well, that and the ideas that this guy promotes… I, like @ChewDawg, am also quite curious to know what parent would pay money to send their child to that school.

That jotform is pretty handy, at least I learned something useful !

edit : oh i see he is a recruiting agent now…

Pays in 100% lunashekels.

1 Like

Maybe you can apply and report back here. Just let us know how the experience goes…

edit : oh i see he is a recruiting agent now…

Have also met some of these nutters. One I doubt had a masters in anything but his own idiocy, but still espouted the same nonsense.

Why oh why are they seemingly more prevalent in Taiwan than anywhere else.

Clearly this is an in-depth study of strait men living on both sides of the Taiwan Strait. Do quote more, expecting some comparison of the plights of the ones on the China side and the ones in Taiwan.

You haven’t heard of Q, have you? Believe me, they are everywhere

I have a feeling that most of his students are adults. Looking at his website, he seems like he does teach children, but I think he does more adult learners. I just can’t believe he can make enough to kit out a school and pay the rent.

At one time literally any white person could live here, and a few besides. Now, it helps to have a degree, which any motivated person can get, and be from a real English speaking country. Starting a business, as he has, is another matter and I’m surprised he is holding one down. Sometimes people have surprising skills.

His views arent much more out there than some of those folks in the Bible belt. But he is whacky too, a few leaves of lettuce short of a hamburger and he can fly under the radar with his non anonymous views here. Not so overseas.

Absolutely not true. You needed to get a visa or be visa free. They certainly didn’t give out to all countries. If you happened to be from the extendable visa or visa free countries then anybody from those countries could live here indefinitely as long as you exited and re-entered regularly . You didn’t need to be white to do that.

1 Like