Illegal for a hospital to actually do antibody testing?

@finley is going to love this one. saw this article circulating…

Ho Shu-an, Section Chief, Department of Health, Taipei City: “The central government currently bans hospitals from performing self-paid antibody tests for the public. Hospitals that perform antibody tests without the department’s approval are breaking the law.”

According to the Central Epidemic Command Center, only flight crews are allowed to get self-paid antibody tests, and only 12 hospitals in Taiwan are allowed to provide this service. Liu says he only wanted to know if the Medigen vaccine he got is actually effective .

so you are not allowed to get antibody testing done? it’s illegal for a hospital to actually do antibody testing?

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: it cannot get better than this

1 Like

This is some bizarre crap. Taiwan has always been very keen that testing is done only under CECC supervision, on specific people, in specific ways. I can’t imagine why that might be :whistle:

I’m pretty sure a law forbidding people from taking an antibody test is itself unlawful, but the gubmint has made it clear over the last few months that it doesn’t really give a rat’s ass about what’s lawful and what isn’t. The response from 林思宏 is the sort of thing we need to have a lot more of.

6 Likes

What happens if you trip a rapid test? do you then get tested at hospital for free?

I know from family back home that the kids are tripping the test to get a day or two of school.

got locked up in Taiwan…
for what?
for getting an antibody test :joy: :joy:

He is a Pro -Han joke celebrity

don’t you see some problems in the antibody testing situation?

Should 15 days after the first shot result in more antibodies?

It was a opportunist ploy for him to create some attention from the Han fans

so getting an antibody test is ok or not?

He isn’t an honest broker, his motivations were to deride medigen. Anyway experts said results not significant.

I’m not sure on the legality , just commenting on person and motivation

2 Likes

ok so motivation was to screw over medigen but it does expose some problems.

No, the results were not significant

not really talking about the results. im talking mainly about the antibody testing.

His problem was his politics. If he Had good intentions, his antibody levels would be higher.

4 Likes

yeah I don’t really care if his levels were 0 or super physiological. Im just pointing on that the article states

ccording to the Central Epidemic Command Center, only flight crews are allowed to get self-paid antibody tests, and only 12 hospitals in Taiwan are allowed to provide this service.

that’s where my concern is

Why are you concerned?

2 Likes

(monotone)

These are not the droids we are looking for…

First they came for the self-paid antibody tests, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a self-paid antibody test.