I'm cold and this weather sucks 2012

I hate winter. I’m from Phoenix.

I at least know how to handle blistering heat waves. This cold front and heavy showers turn me into a shut-in.

Last night, my feet were so cold, the cats avoided me… while I tried to snuggle against them to warm my feet up!

yes…it’s cold here in Taipei right now… :frowning:
i really don’t like winter…

[quote=“ctinag”]yes…it’s cold here in Taipei right now… :frowning:
i really don’t like winter…[/quote]

Rejoice! The sun’s out!!! :yay:

Taipei has several benefits but I’m not envious of your winters. I just got back from a nice 2 hr hike.

Just got back to my apartment 5 minutes ago. I spent the morning outside it had on average been at around 65 degrees. And not a drop of rain. Its GREAT. Im loving the weather today. This is the PERFECT temperature for me. LOVE it

That sun was ephemeral. :frowning:

Taiwan is NEVER cold. Good lord people. Yeah, I don’t care for the winter rainy days. But otherwise it’s easy as pie. If we had summer weather (sweltering humid heat) here all the year around I simply could not deal with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=oHRgmoVVspQ

first snow of the season

13c in taipei, not cold yet, wait till it gets to 6c. Then its not so comfortable (for everyone except kk) :slight_smile: Mainly because its 6c no matter if you are home, at work or outside.

when it was 6c in Germany it actually felt quite warm, I don’t know why. The only time it really felt cold there was below zero…

yes i agree for some reason taiwan is colder at the same temperature.

over here in the east bay it was 11c last nite around 9pm when i was walking my cat and i can see my breath while wearing only a light jacket. It didnt feel cold at all. Whereas 11c in Taipei feels pretty cold.

not sure why?

I agree, Taiwan feels colder than Europe (where I would only laugh at temperatures like 12 degrees, like it had this morning when I woke up). My theory is that is because it’s cold everywhere due to not-heating and even the still constant cold blowing of an air condition from somewhere - whether it’s in a building or on the bus. I despise air condition.

I turned on my little heater yesterday night for the first time this year. Must be careful, though, and not turn it on too often because I easily get addicted to the warmth. :slight_smile:

Now it feels more like the ol country. Cold, windy, and sunny. Really Christmasy.

Feels more like an Atlantic Canadian summer than Christmas. All this cold rain has me a little homesick.

Christ this weather blows. My office, classroom, etc. are cold as charity. They’re concrete boxes. The constant rain is depressing too and our yard is just about a lake.

[quote=“tommy525”]yes I agree for some reason taiwan is colder at the same temperature.

over here in the east bay it was 11c last night around 9pm when I was walking my cat and i can see my breath while wearing only a light jacket. It didnt feel cold at all. Whereas 11c in Taipei feels pretty cold.

not sure why?[/quote]

I think the higher level of humidity in Taiwan is mainly to be blamed. When I used to live in Germany, I sometimes experienced the exact same thing. 13 degrees C in Frankfurt didn’t feel very cold, but on the same day those same 13 degrees in Bremen (which is close to the North Sea) felt absolutely freezing by comparison. When I moved south to Bavaria which is even further away from the sea, it didn’t feel that cold even when it was snowing.

and what might the name of this country be?

and what might the name of this country be?[/quote]

The one that shall not be mentioned because it is very unfriendly to Taiwan and hence hurts me as deeply as if they had dissed my lover. :boo-hoo: :brokenheart: :shh:

Anyways, it is really nice in December. And then hellish tourist season starts…

The one that shall not be mentioned because it is very unfriendly to Taiwan and hence hurts me as deeply as if they had dissed my lover. :boo-hoo: :brokenheart: :shh:

Anyways, it is really nice in December. And then hellish tourist season starts…[/quote]
entiendo. pero es america del sur, no?

Anyways, it is really nice in December. And then hellish tourist season starts…[/quote]
entiendo. pero es America del sur, no?[/quote]

yep. so opposite as ours, but still getting the cold northern breezes …